Why are my pics showing up as attachments and not pics?

FORANE

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
FORANE
See aerial views thread for examples. My pics are not displayed...

How are you trying to add them? Easiest way is copy-and-paste.
1704886878548.png

If you're adding them via the "attach files" button, once you upload them, there is an option in the upper right corner of the picture that is transparent. It's a little hard to see, but it says "insert". Click that, and it will give you two size options to insert the photo into the post.

As an example, I've attached one file, but not inserted it. The picture below, I attached the file and then hit "insert full image".
christmas-trip.JPG

Attachments

• perfection.JPG
    perfection.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 8
I have tried the little postcard icon at the top of this box and the attach files link at the bottom of this box.

Attached files from bottom shows like this ...

Attachments

• IMG20231231112125.jpg
    8.8 MB · Views: 45
Attached files from bottom shows like this ...
Have you tried clicking the "insert" button on the upper right hand corner of the attachment, right after you've attached it? It should pop up two size options for insertion into post, and then it should post normally.

Have you tried clicking the "insert" button on the upper right hand corner of the attachment, right after you've attached it? It should pop up two size options for insertion into post, and then it should post normally.
I've seen that in the past but no longer getting that option.

I've seen that in the past but no longer getting that option.
Weird. I just used it less than ten minutes ago. What device are you using/which browser?

IMG20230925112944.jpg
Huh, just tried this pic and I did get the insert option.
Wonder what the difference is...
File size maybe?

Android OnePlus 10t
Oxygenos 13.1
Android 13

That's weird. If you try to upload the picture from post #5 again, are you getting the option for that one? It doesn't seem like a device/browser error, if the previous picture worked just fine...

EDIT: I just downloaded the picture that only showed up as an attachment, and attempted to post it. I don't get the "insert" option, either. I'm wondering if it's because the image appears to be a panorama image and thus isn't the same aspect ratio as a normal photo would be - maybe that is tripping the software up?

That's weird. If you try to upload the picture from post #5 again, are you getting the option for that one? It doesn't seem like a device/browser error, if the previous picture worked just fine...

EDIT: I just downloaded the picture that only showed up as an attachment, and attempted to post it. I don't get the "insert" option, either. I'm wondering if it's because the image appears to be a panorama image and thus isn't the same aspect ratio as a normal photo would be - maybe that is tripping the software up?
#5 pic again.
No insert option.
It's a panoramic large image.

Attachments

• IMG20231231112125.jpg
    8.8 MB · Views: 3
img20231231112125-jpg.124228

#5 pic again.
No insert option.
It's a panoramic large image.
Hey, I figured it out! Sorta. LOL If you go up to the "image/postcard", and post using URL instead of uploading, it works. Basically, you upload the file (shouldn't matter how, as long as it shows up as an attachment), right click on it, select "copy image address", and then paste that into the URL section on the "postcard" slot. It will then embed the image into the post no matter what size.

Android is flaky when posting pictures. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Android is flaky when posting pictures. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
That might be true, but I've never had issues on my Andriod. Maybe it's brand specific?

I have the same phone as the OP. Let me try.

IMG20231219072212.jpg

This was using the "Attach Files" button, then "Insert/Full image".

@RussR , do you happen to have a panorama picture to test? I think it's related to that.

I have no dog in the fight but here’s a pic of a pig at a hurricanes game. Neither big nor panoramic (the pic, not the pig).

72fb7be532e2f129b43c9a66e313e468.jpg

Back