Who's going to Airventure 2008 this year?

Are you going to OSH 2008?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Departing Wings on Wedesday Day (July 30, 08) and flying IFR for the majority of the way, then planning on cancelling to enter the VFR Conga Line. Departing Sunday back to Philly (Wings, KLOM).

We've been practicing the camping to get prepared... Campbell Field, Centre Airpark, Pocono's... and having a ball.

Hope you've been practicing camping in oppressive heat and humidity. "Oshkosh Weather" (as we call it) has just started in the Midwest. Hazy, ping-pong-ball skies, 90+ degrees, 80% humidity. Perfect for a fly-in pool party!

God help me, I can't wait!

:goofy:

Hope you've been practicing camping in oppressive heat and humidity. "Oshkosh Weather" (as we call it) has just started in the Midwest. Hazy, ping-pong-ball skies, 90+ degrees, 80% humidity. Perfect for a fly-in pool party!

Jay, we may stop in to see you or even stay, depending on the weather on the way to OSH on Thursday, July 24th. We'll be a flight of two ladies...one in a Citabria and the other in a Birddog. If the weather is good on Thursday, we'll push on through to OSH.

Don't forget the minimum of one night of shivering cold! ;)

I will be arriving Sunday via 6+ hours free Baron time:) We are flying into Appleton tho, probably be there until at least Friday. Hopefully will get to meet up with some of you!

I think we need to plan a meet up for Lunch on Wenesday (so grant and Lesile can come) Any suggestions?

I just found out the air-conditioned, sparkling clean bathroom indoor YMCA camping doesn't open until Sunday. That means I'll be sweating in the war bird campground for 3 whole days.....:eek::eek::eek:

I just found out the air-conditioned, sparkling clean bathroom indoor YMCA camping doesn't open until Sunday. That means I'll be sweating in the war bird campground for 3 whole days.....:eek::eek::eek:
I wondered about that. Well, hey, sometimes it's so cold there at night you'll wish you had three dogs in the tent with you. :D

Kim, if you want to be under a wing, you can use mine. :yes: Depending on how tall your tent is. :D

Kim, I just checked the 10-day forecast and it looks like low 80's in the daytime and 60's at night. Sounds perfect for camping out! :yes:

Well, I have tried to figure this out, but unfortunately, I have to announce that I will not be able to make it... After a whole year of planning, circumstances beyond my control will prevent me from being htere!

A week of vacation, now will be spent at another time, doing something else.
But as it turns out, I just heard a couple of days ago the 310 had a minor mx problem which wouldn't likely be fixed by then anyway.

I am SOOOOOOO bummed!

I was so looking forward to meeting everybody there!

:( :( :( :( :(

It looks like I semi-officially been approved for the week off; everyone at the NYC office sez "run while you can!" :D

So I am going to try to drive out for a few days, probably early in the week. Too much to do this weekend: got to get new tires and give the old flivver a checkup, and the 2-33 may be repaired by Sunday, in which case I'm going flying, dammit!

I almost don't want to go (the drive is an ordeal, especially the 3rd time), but frankly, other than seeing some of "youse guys" again, I really just want to see that Boeing 40. The DH-4 really made my Airventure last year; the 40 will be even better.
That's the kind of airplane nut I am... driving 2000 miles RT to see an old biplane. :D

If and when I do get there, I'll try to call those of you whose numbers I have... travel safely everyone, and have an awesome Airventure!

Back