Who Went Flying Today?

Geico266

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Geico
Nice cold 12f air, moved a little snow and pulled the RV-12 out for a spin around the city. Buzzed a few buddies homes, they must have been still sleeping. Scouted out the coyote den area that has signing at night. Good day for flying, cold, crisp, bright sun, no one else flying.

Who else went flying just for the fun of it?

Passed my private pilot checkride on Valentine's day. Got my tailwheel endorsement on the 21st, had my first helicopter lesson this morning in an R22. About to head out to the airport and ride as a passenger during for my buddy's instrument training flight in the R44.

Been a good day, and a good month!

Passed my private pilot checkride on Valentine's day. Got my tailwheel endorsement on the 21st, had my first helicopter lesson this morning in an R22. About to head out to the airport and ride as a passenger during for my buddy's instrument training flight in the R44.

Congratulations! I'm an airplane guy taking lessons in the R22 as well; they're a blast.

Nice! The flying bug has gotten a hold of you! Have fun man!

Mine's still in the shop. Should be done this week.

I tried.... Spent alot of the morning plowing snow at the FBO.... Now the wind is howling..... Good afternoon for the Hot Tub...:yes::yes:

I don't miss the wind in WY.

I went up today for about an hour. Great weather.

I spent the afternoon grading labs. Until about 3pm the ceilings were kind of low, so I didn't really give it much thought. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

About 20 seconds worth. Some days you are a hero, other days you are hero with a short flight.

I did. 1.9 of IR training. Fun time. Down to KAOH/KFDY/1G0. Supposedly getting the hang of it but not convinced myself (~12 hours total)

I took the Baron out for a short flight to an airport 40 miles away and visited with an old (in years and relationship) friend that owns the FBO there. I brought along a new acquaintance who is thinking about getting his PPL after a 15-20 year hiatus (I think he got as far as the xc flights back then).

Despite the henious thunder bumpers that were moving through the gulf coast today, we got a Pilots N Paws flight done from Nola to Defuniak Springs. 40 knot tailwinds on the way there were nice! (not so nice on the way home)
guhegyre.jpg

I picked the airplane up from annual today. Nice little ride home with a few snow showers tossed in for fun. Good to have my airplane back home where she belongs.

Snowing and blowing here....maybe tomorrow after we do some shooting.

Took the ol Stinson out for a nice BUMPY 3 hour flight. :yikes:

It was so nice today, I flew twice. Tonight, I filled up and took off at 3.Never got higher than 1,000' ago and that was in the patter to land 3 hours later. I saw a Bald Eagle feeding on a frozen fish, about 500 white tail deer, couple hundred turkeys, half dozen coyotes packing up looking for food.

I love flying after a snow. You can see anything moving.

1.7 each Thursday and Friday to get the HP endorsement. Tomorrow will be a 120NM round trip for an omelette and finally hitting 100 hr TT.

Also got a chance to fly twice. Took a teenager and his dad for a birthday flight to KBBQ (aka Hard8 at KSEP). Young man flew much of the way after we were at cruise and did really good.

Return to Denton was interesting as I arrived during a busy time. Got put between a Piaggio and a Beaver float plane in the sequence. All the time DTO tower was juggling a big bunch of USAG students who were really struggling with their Engwish and proper flying phraseology.

After dropping them, I hopped out to T14 for the end of a fly in going over there.

Gorgeous day to fly and I'm glad I took advantage.

@EvilEagle... Those are some very handsome dogs thee!!

Gadzooks. The Airmen kept coming today. Not a chance to start 'em up.....

Last edited:
1.5 hrs and 12 touch & goes in the Jabiru with one student; 1 hour and 8 touch & goes in a Cherokee 140 with another.

Despite the henious thunder bumpers that were moving through the gulf coast today, we got a Pilots N Paws flight done from Nola to Defuniak Springs. 40 knot tailwinds on the way there were nice! (not so nice on the way home)
guhegyre.jpg

Nice work.

A couple of days ago, a pilot posted on a local email list that he needed a ride out to Stockton to pick up his airplane today. (He had to leave it there earlier in the week and rent a car, due to weather in the Bay Area.) I needed a safety pilot to fly some approaches, so it worked out well for both of us. It was windy and gusty, so maintaining altitude and airspeed was a lot of work!

The squirrelly winds apparently kept the traffic to a manageable level.

The last time we saw each other was probably fifteen years ago, when we shared a plane on a club fly-in to Catalina.

I flew to KC on a whim last night, enjoyed a few drinks downtown and grabbed a hotel. Did a little shopping this morning and flew back in the afternoon. A nice day to fly.

PHOG to HI01 and back. Lunch at Princeville after a round of golf. What is this snow stuff you all speak of???? :dunno:

Dang... I'd love to be on Kauai right now. I haven't flown since 12 Dec because my hangar door has been frozen shut with a ton of ice. A north facing hangar at KPVU usually means no hangar access for much of the winter. Looking for a better hangar before I forget how to fly.

Tried to fly from Colorado Springs down to Taos NM today but the winds aloft were not favorable. We decided instead to fly into Front Range up in Denver for brunch. Nice day for flying. FTG was hopping when we arrived due to Young Eagles day. We did a little tour of the city on the way back to Meadow Lake and flew by Garden of the Gods. All in all a great day to fly. With a pretty good snow storm about to hit, tomorrow isn't looking good for taking to the skies. Glad we got up today.

PHOG to HI01 and back. Lunch at Princeville after a round of golf. What is this snow stuff you all speak of???? :dunno:

I'll be there in August, but staying in Kapaa. We love that island.

No flying today. Spent a few (5+) hours at the northwest aviation convention in Puyallup. Had a good time. Of course, the weather would have been good for flying today. Tomorrow afternoon doesn't look as good. Naturally.

:rofl:

You don't like my feet? Hey! They were on the peddles! :dunno:

;)

Hmmm.. I tried to post a comment on youtube and got an error message...

How do expect us to belittle you when you disable the comment box..:dunno:;)

Never mind.... I got one to stick...:eek:

Last edited:
Hmmm.. I tried to post a comment on youtube and got an error message...

How do expect us to belittle you when you disable the comment box..:dunno:;)

Never mind.... I got one to stick...:eek:

Oh I'm sure you'll figure out a way. :rolleyes:

;)

Last edited:

Oh I'm sure you'll figure out a way.

The trick is to NOT add a <G> at the end of any comment... Apparently youtube hates those.:dunno::yes:..

Ps... I don't see how a little green lizard can have such big shoes...:lol:

Flew to Boston from Newfoundland on Friday. After a quick climb through a 5,000 ft thick ice layer we were on top for a beautiful easy flight with slight tailwinds no less! Never happens going westbound for us.

Weather here is crap today and our prop de-ice quit working, so we'll stay an extra night and go home tomorrow after seeing some more friends.

Back