Who likes beer this much?

PBR but I drink anything. Stella is good, Dos Equis dark I really like w/ Mex food. Many others.

Meh, drinking on the cheap, any of the American beers will do. Drinking to enjoy the beer? It'd take me a while to list all of the stuff I like. I'm big on wheat beers, especially Belgian strong ales. The Troegs Mad Elf should be available here in a few months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love beer so much that I worked as a pro brewer for 7 1/2 years while still working my full time job. I was pretty decent at it and won a few medals. That got to be too much about 3 1/2 years ago. Now I just enjoy beer for the sake of beer and really don't worry too much about finding the latest and greatest brew that everyone is talking about. To me beer is all about the moment and not about tasting notes and a list of all of the hard to find beers that I've had.

Bud light is what a produce after drinking a good IPA

A good IPA has been my beer of choice for several years now. I always try to drink a local one when I travel. This weekend the boss lady and I are in Brevard NC. Headed to a brew pub later.

A good IPA has been my beer of choice for several years now. I always try to drink a local one when I travel. This weekend the boss lady and I are in Brevard NC. Headed to a brew pub later.

If you like ales, try a G'Knight, made there in Brevard.

We're stayin south of Asheville this weekend.

Who likes beer this much?

Canadians?

how-to-catch-a-canadian.png

I'm not a big beer drinker myself, but when I do drink it I'll usually have a German Pils. My very favorite beer, generally only available in SE Asia, is Tiger Beer. I can drink that stuff and still lose weight, and it actually tastes like beer.

I'm not a big beer drinker myself, but when I do drink it I'll usually have a German Pils. My very favorite beer, generally only available in SE Asia, is Tiger Beer. I can drink that stuff and still lose weight, and it actually tastes like beer.
There's a new place on Telegraph and 26th in Oakland called the Blind Tiger. They serve a drink called the Tiger Uppercut. It's a 20 something oz can of Tiger and a shot of an unnamed whiskey. Their food isn't bad either, if you like sharing a bunch of small plates.

There's a new place on Telegraph and 26th in Oakland called the Blind Tiger. They serve a drink called the Tiger Uppercut. It's a 20 something oz can of Tiger and a shot of an unnamed whiskey. Their food isn't bad either, if you like sharing a bunch of small plates.

I might give that a shot. I wonder if it's the same Tiger beer? They did have some cans of Tiger in the specialty section of Bev Mo, but it was some export version and it didn't seem like it was full strength. I know the Vietnamese version is 5.0%.

I go by that winery nearly every time I do a bike ride in Napa. Was there just a couple weeks ago in fact.

It's not bad.

I'm kinda partial to the Chandelle winery though, but that's probably because we order the stuff with the red and white 182 on the label and have a custom label added "From the pilots of N1279M", to give to friends. ;)

We are actually out of the stuff. Probably time to order another case.

Speaking of Bud Light, walking the trails in the western NC mountains the past couple of days, almost all of the beer cans that I saw along the trails and rivers were Bud and Bud Light. Seems to be the beer of choice of low life litter bugs.

I thought you couldn't consume gluten? Might explain the weight loss.

I might give that a shot. I wonder if it's the same Tiger beer? They did have some cans of Tiger in the specialty section of Bev Mo, but it was some export version and it didn't seem like it was full strength. I know the Vietnamese version is 5.0%.
It tasted the same to me, but I haven't had any since my westpac deployment in 2003. I wouldn't be surprised if it's different than the original though. Some foreign labels aren't even imported anymore. I looked at a bottle of Sopporo the other day and it was brewed in Wisconsin.

Speaking of which, I've learned in Utah that you can't get a full strength IPA unless you're at a place that serves/sells liquor. Apparently they're capped at 4.5% otherwise. I was really disappointed in Park City when I ordered a IPA on the slopes and it was only 4.5%. (Not sure about 4.5%, but it was definately weaker)

It tasted the same to me, but I haven't had any since my westpac deployment in 2003. I wouldn't be surprised if it's different than the original though. Some foreign labels aren't even imported anymore. I looked at a bottle of Sopporo the other day and it was brewed in Wisconsin.

Speaking of which, I've learned in Utah that you can't get a full strength IPA unless you're at a place that serves/sells liquor. Apparently they're capped at 4.5% otherwise. I was really disappointed in Park City when I ordered a IPA on the slopes and it was only 4.5%. (Not sure about 4.5%, but it was definately weaker)

What's a "full strength IPA?" What constitutes full strength according to the style guidelines?

Back