Who likes beer this much?

What's a "full strength IPA?" What constitutes full strength according to the style guidelines?

I enjoy some red ales up to 8.7%; some IPAs that are far too hoppy for me are more than 10%.

Last edited:
Canadians?

how-to-catch-a-canadian.png

Love that!! But the sign should have read- "Free beer, eh!"

Here in San Diego we have tons of local craft breweries. I like Ballast Point and Belching Beaver.

I thought you couldn't consume gluten? Might explain the weight loss.

Plenty of carbs in rice yes, but no gluten. But there are other factors too, all I eat over there is the local diet of fresh greens and seafood, with occasional chicken and beef, and a limited amount of rice noodles. No heavy, greasy stuff.

But back on craft beers, I generally don't like heavy, syrupy beers, or overly hopped beers. Hate IPA's. I like lighter Weizen beers, but can't drink them often for obvious reasons.

Here in San Diego we have tons of local craft breweries. I like Ballast Point and Belching Beaver.

Craft breweries are everywhere now, even here in Alabama. We still have moonshine too, even though you can buy it in stores now, which takes all the sport out of it.

Weekend fly ins are much more fun with an extra day stop for new brewery visit and tasting.

I love beer but why do most of the brews these days go WAY overboard on the hopps? To me, I love a tasty malted ale but I steer clear from most IPAs anymore because they taste like someone put grass clippings in a Budweiser.

I'm a big fan of Dos Equis Amber, Negra Modelo (both with lime), Fat Tire, Boulevard Irish Ale and KC Pils, Murphy's Stout, O'Dell 90 Shilling, Brooklyn Lager...

It tasted the same to me, but I haven't had any since my westpac deployment in 2003. I wouldn't be surprised if it's different than the original though. Some foreign labels aren't even imported anymore. I looked at a bottle of Sopporo the other day and it was brewed in Wisconsin.

Speaking of which, I've learned in Utah that you can't get a full strength IPA unless you're at a place that serves/sells liquor. Apparently they're capped at 4.5% otherwise. I was really disappointed in Park City when I ordered a IPA on the slopes and it was only 4.5%. (Not sure about 4.5%, but it was definately weaker)

Same way in Kansas. Only it's 3.2% APV unless you go to a liquor store. Heck, not that long ago most of Kansas was still dry and the only places you could drink were private clubs. It's no wonder Kansas has a revenue problem. EVERYTHING is better and cheaper is Missura, why people who live on the border by anything in Kansas is beyond me. And I say that as a proud Jayhawker.

I agree on the IPAs, it seems as though the hipsters like to find/make beers with increasing amounts of hops just to one-up another IPA, despite tasting awful. There's a few IPAs I can drink willingly, but most others I have to choke down. Goose Island's IPA is decent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Real Pilots (TM) drink barrel aged stouts.

I agree on the IPAs, it seems as though the hipsters like to find/make beers with increasing amounts of hops just to one-up another IPA, despite tasting awful. There's a few IPAs I can drink willingly, but most others I have to choke down. Goose Island's IPA is decent.

Have you tried COOP F5 IPA? It's an OK IPA.

Back