Who is the oldest

I like the Roman Numeral thing ... makes me feel like a luxury car or something .... LXII

I'm 41 this year:
76510117.jpg

So you believe we landed on the moon and it wasnt on a sound stage?

Other than the location shoots at the Cape, it was most definitely on a sound stage. Those were some outstanding special effects considering the state of technology in 1969. Still fools a lot of people to this day.
The only part I am not certain about is whether George Lucas should have been included in the credits? I understand that oversight is still a bit controversial, not to mention the distribution of ongoing royalty payments from the production. :D

But the point remains...anyone born after the first (staged) moon landing is still a kid. ;)

Last edited:
At 92 my pilot certificate is no good without a valid medical.

Bob

Wow, I was surprised by this, but I guess it has been a little while since I first read your books. Where has the time gone? Good for you!

Once my grandpa hit 39, he stopped counting. He just kept celebrating his 39th birthday again and again. Till he died at 69 in 1969. I’m 3 years younger and orders of magnitude in better condition than he was 3 years before he passed.

My Dad is 93. And the FAA says he still has a pilot certificate.
Lets, see, my dad would be 94 if he were still alive. But the FAA says he has a pilot certificate too. Apparently, he failed to mail it back in to them after he died.

Medicals are overrated. I don't bother with them myself.

Bob

Fly without one. The worst the FAA will do is yank your certificate, maybe levy a fine that you won’t pay in your remaining lifetime anyway, and at this point in your life do you care? :D

Or go Basic Med or Sport.

My lifelong problem has been that I am never "old enough" to be the age I am.:dunno:.
It has often been described as a (lack of) maturity issue.

My father was descending into the throes of Alzheimers at the age I am right now.

I have reached the age a while ago that when someone asks me what I’m doing today and I say nothing, it doesn’t mean I’m free. It means I’m planning on not doing anything today.

Cheers

61. But remember, it's not the age, it's the mileage.

Or a Super Bowl

Superbowl I was two months and 16 days before I turned 1 years old, so I always know my age in roman numerals by the advertising each year.

My 2nd eldest brother attended that game. He was eleven.

My Dad is 93. And the FAA says he still has a pilot certificate.

My Dad was well into his 80's when macular degeneration took much of his eyesight. He gave up driving, but seemed to be bothered more when his license expired and he had to get a Sheriff's ID card, just so he'd have a legal ID. He thought the Sheriff's ID proclaimed to the world that he could no longer drive.

So I found his PPL record from the early 1950's in the FFA database, we filed a 'lost certificate' claim, paid the two or three bucks, and got him a shiny new plastic PPL certificate. His limited mobility and extremely limited eyesight never dimmed his sense of humor, and when someone had occasion to ask him for a government ID, I think he relished being able to hand over a new pilot license.

Anybody born after the first moon landing is still a kid. :D

That's what we like to see!
Someone who not only remembers watching Neil Armstrong step onto the surface of the moon, but was around for the black & white CNN feed of Orville at Kitty Hawk, Bleroit at Dover and Lindbergh at Le Bourget. :p

I was in preschool when the shuttle first launched. Do I win anything?

Not the oldest..by far;-P But remember being called out at summer camp to watch Sputnik fly over...... When I was 6...

But remember being called out at summer camp to watch Sputnik fly over...... When I was 6...

I don't remember Sputnik as I was very young but I remember when the nation was stunned at the JFK assignation. A lot of folks just sat down and cried ...

We used to have a member here who was a flight instructor in iirc Williamsburg,VA. He passed a few years ago, but he was prob. in his 90s .

I was a Orval’s third grade teacher. He was a very inquisitive young boy. Well maybe not but sometimes I feel that old! What the heck is tick tock? Get off my lawn!! Grrrrr.

What the heck is tick tock? Get off my lawn!! Grrrrr.

Tick-Tock is what my old grandfather's clock does before it chimes! I agree ... "slow that thing down in this neighborhood boys!"

Back