Who is all going?

vontresc

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
vonSegelGoober
So where is the official who's going to Oshkosh thread?

Since we live so close it would almost be a crime to not show. I plan RIPON at 0715 Monday morning.

That's one scary-assed avatar there, Pete!

Welcome back. :wink2:

Weather and a thousand other things pending, we'll be off the ground around 8:00 on Saturday, planning a noonish arrival.

Coming in late Tuesday and heading out Friday. Dave I'll look for you.

Monday-Thursday is the plan. Weather permitting obviously.

I will be driving in solo Sunday night through Wednesday morning. Hoping to meet a few people!

Tues morning through Saturday.

I will be flying from Colorado Springs Friday to Mount Vernon IL to fly in the Air Venture Cup 400 mile cross country air race the Sunday before the show to Wausau and then into the show Sunday afternoon. We will be parked with the rest of the race planes near show center. Come by the AVC tent and have a look.

airventurecuprace.com

Carl

If all goes according to Hoyle, we will arrive in the North 40 Sunday around noon. :)

If you are going to The Show and want your contact information on a passworded phone/email list, go to Communications At The Show in this forum thread and follow the directions ...

EXCEPT post your data on the forum site. I don't have reliable email en route AND I don't promise I'll be able to access the website from this location but I'll give it a hell of a try.

Jim

I'll be there! First time ever and be there Sunday-Sunday

Departing Fort Collins at 5am Sunday, should be in OSH around 1-2PM.

Arrow 811MS

We were going today but between the weather and some screw ups on our planning, we're planning to head out first thing tomorrow morning.

I'm wx dependent, but if I see flyable wx Saturday I'm out of here. This summer (so called) you can never tell what the wx will be tomorrow.

If all goes according to Hoyle, we will arrive in the North 40 Sunday around noon. :)

I'll be working from 9:30-12:30 on the flightline, probably near the green or orange dot on the North side of 9-27. Make sure you hit the dot! I'll be watching, and will share my observations at the HOPS party. :)

Note that there is a mass arrival of 41 Mooneys scheduled for 1100 on Sunday. It should be done by the time you arrive. The Bonanza and Cessna mass arrivals are on Saturday.

I'll be there along with my girlfriend and Dad. Not sure the days exactly. Time is against me on all fronts right now. But I will be there.

I'll be working from 9:30-12:30 on the flightline, probably near the green or orange dot on the North side of 9-27. Make sure you hit the dot! I'll be watching, and will share my observations at the HOPS party. :)

Note that there is a mass arrival of 41 Mooneys scheduled for 1100 on Sunday. It should be done by the time you arrive. The Bonanza and Cessna mass arrivals are on Saturday.
The gauntlet has been thrown! Do you want the left or right main to touch the dot first? lol

We will see you, weather permitting!
:)

Im getting excited and cant wait to meet up with some POA'ers. First time in Oshkosh for me as well.

The gauntlet has been thrown! Do you want the left or right main to touch the dot first? lol

We will see you, weather permitting!

Well, if you're like most RV drivers who land at T-38 speeds because of the teeny tiny wingspan (12' shorter than a Skyhawk?!?) I figure you'll land 20' past the dot with the controller saying "red RV, turn onto the grass NOW. Velocity, go around." He he. ;)

Well, if you're like most RV drivers who land at T-38 speeds because of the teeny tiny wingspan (12' shorter than a Skyhawk?!?) I figure you'll land 20' past the dot with the controller saying "red RV, turn onto the grass NOW. Velocity, go around." He he. ;)
lol I just practiced a spot landing on Rwy 13 here an hour ago. Planted 'er on the "3", and had to add power to make the first turn.

See ya soon!

If you are going to The Show and want your contact information on a passworded phone/email list, go to Communications At The Show in this forum thread and follow the directions ...

EXCEPT post your data on the forum site. I don't have reliable email en route AND I don't promise I'll be able to access the website from this location but I'll give it a hell of a try.

Jim

Fixed 'em both. Post to email, but Saturday morning before 9 is the ABSOLUTE drop dead time.

Thanks,

Jim

Will be there. Scholler. Arriving Sunday, departing ??? (Sat AM at the latest.)

All the puzzle pieces that allow us to leave the island during our statistically busiest week of the year seem to be falling into place. We aim to be wheels up in 8 hours.

See y'all soon! :)

Finished flying off my 40hr Phase I yesterday so we'll be there Sunday around noonish.

Flew in yesterday and a nasty storm is testing the integrity of my tent tight now.

Roger that. 60mph winds at 5:30am. :yikes:

Dang! I knew it was nasty. It looked like a hurricane in my tent! Glad that's over. Now if the light rain will stop I can finally get out of the tent. No I didn't bring a poncho..ugh..target today I'll get one, that way it will keep the rain away:)

Last edited:
My tent didn't fais as well. 200 dollar Kelty and that main pole snapped half way through the storm. What row are you in?

I'm in Camp Scholler, and other than a few tent leaks, I'm OK. I saw some limbs down outside of Scholler, and some porta-johns tipped over, but I didn't see any downed limbs in Paul's Woods.

When I registered a couple of weeks ago, they said that the EAA spent a lot of time having the woods professionally pruned this past spring. Given that I'm right under a tall oak tree, and being a Chicagoan who trusts no one, I spent an hour in my truck from 5:30-6:30. I'll be damned if she wasn't right!

We are on row 507. Yeah I just took someone's bad poles to see if I could use them. Lots of people throwing tents away right now.

Packing now....the wife unit and I should be in north 40 Sunday afternoon. Thru Tuesday camped next to a blue and white cheetah.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back