Who is all going?

I wish, it's on my week on though, been flying for 7ish years and I've never been able to go, maybe next year :sad:

Just saw this, been a little stormy, be sure to bring some tie downs and keep a eye on the wx

0718_storm_tosses_husky1.jpg

We're about 30 minutes out now. Jambalaya party Tuesday. Babes dinner Thursdayif anyone expresses an interest.

I'll be working from 9:30-12:30 on the flightline, probably near the green or orange dot on the North side of 9-27. Make sure you hit the dot! I'll be watching, and will share my observations at the HOPS party. :)

Note that there is a mass arrival of 41 Mooneys scheduled for 1100 on Sunday. It should be done by the time you arrive. The Bonanza and Cessna mass arrivals are on Saturday.

Ok, an observation or 2:

The Bonanza mass arrivals landed on 18R, and then ultimately taxied on runway 31 to runway 27. I swear the Bonanzas CANNOT taxi slowly. I thought a few of them were going to hit rotation speed.

Bonanzas to Oshkosh pilots - would it kill you to give a quick wave? I got an acknowledgment from about 10% of the pilots. Out of 130 or whatever it was, that's not much.

As fast as Bo pilots taxied, the Cessnas to Oshkosh were the slowest taxi group I've ever seen. Yes, I know you're on grass but that's OK. Move it along. Please. My shift ended half an hour ago.

But thanks for waving. :)

Exhibitors: I know you don't need to bother with things like NOTAMS, but seriously, our mind reading briefing was a little lacking. Please put a sign in your window telling us where you want to go. Oh, and don't just go your Merry way without giving us a hint as to your destination. We've got conflicting traffic to worry about.

Is there a NOTAM for morons that I'm not familiar with? Seriously, the twin Cessna pilot who, when stopped by me, showed me the front page of the color "EAA CAMPING GUIDE", really didn't convey to me where you wanted to go. Camp Scholler? Fine, follow the flag men down the line. They'll tell you how to taxi into Scholler. Idiot.

Finally, if you have your sign laying on the glare screen, on the Pax side no less, unless I'm 12 feet tall, I can't read it. Please hold it up, put it in a plastic sleeve, staple it to cardboard, or whatever. Thank you.

And fly safely!

I'll be there late monday or early tuesday until saturday, of depending on weather. Mooney 242ts

Sorry Stan, I'll be the one with big black letters on white cardboard. Maybe they didn't wave because they were stressed with the ground ops? It's bad ju ju to taxi into the guy in front.

I'll take rwy 27, the middle dot is fine.

Sorry Stan, I'll be the one with big black letters on white cardboard. Maybe they didn't wave because they were stressed with the ground ops? It's bad ju ju to taxi into the guy in front.

I'll take rwy 27, the middle dot is fine.

Sweet! What are you flying?

I'll be in the shined up burgundy and white Warrior, off to the camping section.

Awesome. I'll be in a green, round brimmed hat. You can't miss me (unless you taxi like a Bonanza :D).

Arriving noon'ish on Monday. departing again on Thursday morning.
3 of us. One is a first-timer, always try to make the odd years. This will be the 5th time. 3rd for our plane owner. . See you all on the North 40.
& See you all at the flight line!

Made it in, staying through the week. Leaving on the weekend depending on weather.

Well, I didn't see them land on 36, but I tipped my hat to Amelia as she taxied by on the south side of 27. :). Jay and Mary were pretty spot on with timing, passing me around 1215 today.

And another hat tip to the Canadian Cessna with the call sign C-CGSI (or something close to that) that had their GAP or GAC sign, and then flipped over so their sign said "THANK YOU" with a Canadian flag on the sign. Class act!

Ok, who was the wiseguy who landed after 1600 today , and even though they were rolling right off 27, they rolled left straight to me, and after exiting the runway, they unfurled a banner saying GAC that literally went from one side if the windscreen to the other, totally hiding the faces of the pilot and pax? It was AWESOME! And had to be someone from POA. ;)

Last edited:
I decided against taking the Flybaby mostly because I'm getting old and lazy. Instead I will be arriving early morning in a Malibu. Can fit a hell of a lot of stuff in it unlike the Flybaby and 2 hours in the air versus 10 will be nice.

N9102H - I will likely file IFR from LNK to the Dells or something and cancel there. Need to read the notam yet...

This was the easiest arrival yet. Lots of traffic, but everyone behaved and followed the NOTAM.

I accepted an assignment for Rwy 36 without complaint. It's been so long since I landed on 36 that I forgot the long taxi through the grass along 27, which totally sucks in our plane. Even at walking speeds, the Itty bitty nose wheel did NOT like the rutted sod.

We made it fine, but I don't think the guys behind us were too happy. lol

Glad to be here, and appreciated the hat tip! :)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

My arrival went fine, other then tower telling me to turn base in front of a duke. I complied but knew there was no way in hell that duke wasn't going to have to go around....which he did.

Malibu is a lot easier to get to Airventure in....

Easy arrival on Saturday around 6PM.

So easy the controller chatted and asked us if I wanted 27 or 18. I keyed up and asked "which one's better for VAP?"

"turn right FISK avenue, follow 90* heading to left downwind 18, monitor tower and welcome to Oshkosh!" We had about a three minute taxi to row 55 slot 1 right across from the red barn.

Back