Who designs and cuts a panel for me to do the install

mirage00

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Mirage00
Is there a company that will work with me to produce a panel for my upgrade? I will be doing it with my A&P. It’s a 421C. I would want it laser cut, powder coated and labeled.

Thanks

Why laser cut.

No reason, I thought that was the preferred method. As long the cuts are clean, I don’t care what they use.

Is there a company that will work with me to produce a panel for my upgrade?
There are a number of companies/shops that provide those services. A quick online search will get you started and some will even provided FAA approvals if needed. One shop that has a good track record is Avion Research which I've used as well as others on PoA. In addition, an increasing number of local avionics shops offer panel cutting that you may look at or simply contact a local machine shop with CNC capabilities and have your mechanic work out the details with them. I usually went with the last option in past projects as it was more cost efficient and allowed me and the aircraft owner to be directly involved in the process.

Thank you, I will start calling around. I’m in NYC and many of the locals won’t do just the panel, they want the full Job.

Is there a company that will work with me to produce a panel for my upgrade? I will be doing it with my A&P. It’s a 421C. I would want it laser cut, powder coated and labeled.

Thanks
The more common method is a CNC aluminum router to cut your panel. One of the many metal processing things my son and I sell in our business.

Reactions: YKA
My avionics shop used Envision, but I was very hands on in the process of designing it using their software. I was very happy with the process and the results. As best I can tell, this is all they do. https://www.eapanels.com

@Stan Cooper posted killer panel upfit pictures of a 172 in another thread.

Thanks, Kelvin. It's an STC'd aluminum panel by Avion Research. The 172 is a '63 172D which had a "shotgun" panel, and I did the panel upgrade project in 2000-2001. The AI and DG were replaced with Garmin G5s two years ago by the new owner.

Here's a "before and after" of the original 2001 upgraded panel.
N2686U_Old_New_Panel.JPG

I contacted Envision but they would not work with me directly even though my A&P/IA was signing off on the work. The completed projects on their website look great.

Back