Who are you?

Ooooo, Count Dooku -- the traitor! Or the shrewd visionary who's not fooled by the Sith Lord's evil plot, depending on how you read the subplots. Lucas was a little vague on that.

Dooku is the WW II propaganda movie Japanese villain stereotype. The ruthless winged slave-owner / merchant on Tatoine is a stereotypical Jew complete with long hooked nose.

Only Lucas can get away with that.

Last edited:
I've never seen most of the Star Wars movies. Who is Count Dooku?

Former Jedi. He left the order and became an apprentice of of the soon to be Emporer Palpatine. He fought Anakin and was killed in a ruthless way by Anikin. The killing was manipulated by Palpatine to help grease the way for Anakin to come to the dark side of the Force.

Dooku is the WW II propaganda movie Japanese villain stereotype. The ruthless winged slave-owner / merchant on Tatoine is a stereotypical Jew complete with long hooked nose.

Only Lucas can get away with that.
That's not Dooku, that's Watto. Dooku is the guy who gets away at the end of Episode II and is in cahoots with General Grievous in Episode III. He is a skilled Jedi but has become suspicious of the Jedi Council, who in fact are being hoodwinked by Palpatine. There are suggestions in some places he's linked to the emperor, but in others it seems he's actually a freedom fighter, so it looks like you'll have to wait 10 years for the "directors cut" to find out.

Last edited:
Photo of Ken Ibold as a child.... :D

sw37.jpg

That's not Dooku, that's Watto. Dooku is the guy who gets away at the end of Episode II and is in cahoots with General Grievous in Episode III. He is a skilled Jedi but has become suspicious of the Jedi Council, who in fact are being hoodwinked by Palpatine. There are suggestions in some places he's linked to the emperor, but in others it seems he's actually a freedom fighter, so it looks like you'll have to wait 10 years for the "directors cut" to find out.

OK. My head spun trying to track with the last few Star Wars movies. I felt like I needed to find a 12 year old kid to explain it to me.

The pod racers were a really silly design. There was nothing to keep the pods from banging in to each other.

I need to stop. I may be risking my life here. Ever see the geek argument scene in "Clerks II?"

Continues today. I was out shopping at a Bed and Bath Beyond and saw a 4-5 year old boy that was wearing a light saber handle in a holster. His mom said he carries it everywhere.

sw37.jpg
Ha!! Except I was 18 when the first one came out.

And I'm not really THAT into Star Wars. But with 3 kids, the DVDs play over and over and over...at least until they take the remote away from me!

The pod racers were a really silly design. There was nothing to keep the pods from banging in to each other.
The power couplings probably also had some sort of force field associated with them to keep the pods at an ideal power transfer difference :D:yes:

BTW, the 30th anniversary of the release of Star Wars is on May 25th.

I was 37 when that happened.

37 Weeks. :D

James Dean

The power couplings probably also had some sort of force field associated with them to keep the pods at an ideal power transfer difference :D:yes:
Do you have some inside information on this? Hmmmm???

I once saw a set of operation manuals for the starship, Enterprise. I don't know how much of a market there was but someone definitely had a lot of time on their hands to write them! I wonder if Esso has them? :)

Hmmm. I came up as Dr. McCoy. Oh, wrong show. Sorry.

"Damnit Jim, I'm a doctor not a (insert appropriate plot based phrase here)"

"He's dead Jim."

BTW, I hate Star Wars.

Attachments

• mccoy1_thumb.jpg
    mccoy1_thumb.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 55
  • mccoy7_thumb.jpg
    mccoy7_thumb.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
"He's dead Jim."

A friend of mine is a real trekkie, and was a regular member on the star trek usenet newsgroups. He came to my office the day Gene Roddenberry died. Someone had posted the bad news, and the first reply was, yes, you guessed it, "He's dead, Jim".

:rofl:

Do you have some inside information on this? Hmmmm???

I once saw a set of operation manuals for the starship, Enterprise. I don't know how much of a market there was but someone definitely had a lot of time on their hands to write them! I wonder if Esso has them? :)

I own the set of blueprints for the Enterprise D. I also had the the technical manual, but I'm pretty sure it's gone.

I also own every episode of TNG on VHS.

Nerd? You bet.

I've got a Klingon/English dictionary somewhere...... oh, and a TNG communicator pin.....

Qapla! (Dictionary missing, spelling may be incorrect :D).

I've got a Klingon/English dictionary somewhere...... oh, and a TNG communicator pin.....

Qapla! (Dictionary missing, spelling may be incorrect :D).

Online version http://www.angelfire.com/ga3/ikavnemesis/learnk.html

QAPLA' - KAHPLAH' - SUCCESS

Klingon Drinking Song said:
DRINKING SONG

EJ IM-TA FEY DE-JA I...
EJAHDAK-SO-TAS GHOS VA SKRAL BYTEEK
EMPA JAJ LAW-MOCH JAJ-PUSH
JAJ KAYLESS MOLOR-MIGH HOHK-CHEW KOO.

(Rough Translation)

And the blood was ankle deep...
And the River Skral ran crimson red
On the day above all days
When Kahless slew evil Molor dead!

He came to my office the day Gene Roddenberry died. Someone had posted the bad news, and the first reply was, yes, you guessed it, "He's dead, Jim".

Wonder if Gene was wearing a red shirt? Ya know, everytime they had one of the non-regulars beam down they always wore a red shirt and usually ended up dead. But alas this is a Star Wars thread. :rolleyes:

Wonder if Gene was wearing a red shirt? Ya know, everytime they had one of the non-regulars beam down they always wore a red shirt and usually ended up dead. But alas this is a Star Wars thread. :rolleyes:

If you want some fun, read Wil Wheaton's review of the early ST-TNG episodes. You forget how lame the writing was at first until he reminds you.

13 year old Wesley Crusher: "Excuse me, Captain, sir, I know all of you highly educated and highly trained professionals can't figure it out but I just took a look and figured out what's going on..." As he says, it was no wonder why everybody hated him.

http://www.tvsquad.com/category/star-trek-the-next-generation/

Last edited:
Boy, do I feel ancient! My first exposure to classical music came upon seeing 2001. The Blue Danube Waltz.

I took my (now) wife to that movie on our first date in high school. That was just a few years ago, wasn't it?

Back