While we're ranting... broken potato chips

What's that rust remover that also dissolves pennies, cleans gas smell from clothes and kills unwanted slugs? Oh yeah, Coke. There's your most unhealthy "food."

I think the "Chuck Norris" at Hicks Airfield is pretty unhealthy. It's a BLT with a HALF POUND of Boar's Head bacon.

Damn it's good.

Two words...... Pork rind. Sometimes called Cracklins....

And I am not talking about the ones in the potato chip section of the Piggly Wiggly.

I think the "Chuck Norris" at Hicks Airfield is pretty unhealthy. It's a BLT with a HALF POUND of Boar's Head bacon.

Damn it's good.

TWO bad eating habits. :eek:
If you tell us you have more, and still don't gain weight we are really going to hate you. :D

TWO bad eating habits. :eek:
If you tell us you have more, and still don't gain weight we are really going to hate you. :D

Probably the occasional Hagen-Daas bar... that's about it.

But don't hate me for being skinny.... rest assured the average 9 yr old (boy or girl) can kick my ass.

What's that rust remover that also dissolves pennies, cleans gas smell from clothes and kills unwanted slugs? Oh yeah, Coke. There's your most unhealthy "food."

Phosphoric acid is a byproduct of white phosphorus munitions. It does a number on your teeth, stomach and organs.

Anyone ever had deep-fried beer?

Or perhaps a deep-fried oreo?

What about chocolate-covered bacon?

What about chocolate-covered bacon?

No, but I'll raise you candied bacon, available at another restaurant that is (un)fortunately walkable from my house:

candied-bacon.jpg

Thick smokey salty chewy bacon caramelized with some kind of sugar syrup, this stuff is killer! Everyone I've ordered it for LOVES it!!!

Deep fried burritos & scotch. Not at the same time.

I also dabble a bit in cigars. With the scotch of course.

I think a deep fried burrito is technically called a chimichanga.

IF you're ever in Pimba Australia, go to Spuds Roadhouse (the only building in Pimba) and have their burger. It is a half pound burger with lettuce, tomato, onion, bacon, cheese, beets and a fried egg. I came out of the outback after a couple of weeks and sat at the picnic table and had breakfast, lunch and dinner all at one time.

I priced Vermont Maple Syrup at the store this past weekend. At $18 for 32oz, it better be liquid gold and the best taste of any food on the planet! LOL

Good maple syrup... not that nasty Mrs Butterworth crap... is worth the money. You'll never go back to the cheap stuff.

I bought a can of Pringles the other day... I'm not even a chip person, so I have to really have some kinda random craving to go out and buy them. Anyway, I bought the can, get to my car, start driving and eagerly pop it open - ready to scarf down the entirety of its contents. Only the contents were crumbs. THE ENTIRE CAN... crumbs. :( How does that even happen?! I was so upset. Not upset enough to turn around and return a $1 thing of Pringles, but upset enough to be... uh, well... really upset.

I'm more of a cookie person.

You bought crumb flavor.

IMO, Maple syrup is the end all provided it has not been adulterated. The fakes are to be ignored. I know a friend in Vermont who makes it the old fashioned way; wood fire under the pan. That's a labor of love in respect to tradition. Lots of hard work stoking the fire and watching the boil goes into making a gallon. Appreciate that when you put real Malpe on your pancakes or waffles. Mrs Butterworth's and others are nothing more than high fructose corn syrup with flavoring added and designed to deceive you.

I have never tried maple syrup. All I have ever seen is as thick as hot water and looks like it would not even stay on a plate much less any food.

Growing up in Texas I had plenty of molasses and sorghum.

I have never tried maple syrup. All I have ever seen is as thick as hot water and looks like it would not even stay on a plate much less any food.

Growing up in Texas I had plenty of molasses and sorghum.

Hit Walmart and buy their Maple syrup. they say it is unadulterated and it is tasty. Dark has the most Maple flavor.

Patent Pending: chip re-integrator

Got cheese powder at the bottom of the box? Use the cheez-it shape attachment, add some water, and voila!

Got a pile of broken potato chips? Run em through the the integrated pulverized, then make your own Pringles or baked lays out of em.

Bored of the ordinary flavor crumbs? Add BBQ powder or sour cream and onion power to the device; you can even get creative and add your own flavors!

Only $19.99. $7.99 shipping and handling. Act now and get a second one free, just pay additional shipping and handling. Order yours today.

Does this belong in the classifieds?

Fat back, sliced thin and deep fried. Great with a plate of bacon a d eggs, but also served on the buffet at barbecue places . . .

Then there's the 1/2 lb. beer-braised burger on beer bread, with a slab of pork belly instead of bacon, and a large pile of beer-battered French fries, washed down with a craft beer. I'm getting hungry now! :cheerswine:

Patent Pending: chip re-integrator

Got cheese powder at the bottom of the box? Use the cheez-it shape attachment, add some water, and voila!

Got a pile of broken potato chips? Run em through the the integrated pulverized, then make your own Pringles or baked lays out of em.

Bored of the ordinary flavor crumbs? Add BBQ powder or sour cream and onion power to the device; you can even get creative and add your own flavors!

Only $19.99. $7.99 shipping and handling. Act now and get a second one free, just pay additional shipping and handling. Order yours today.

Does this belong in the classifieds?

Some people have a use for pulverized potato chips (and dried croutons too.) Panko crust.

Just pour them in a small bowl, add some ranch, stir and eat.

Anyone else ever take a big mound of potato chips, smash them between two slices of bread and eat it? I do that like once a year with bbq chips. So good.

Sure a bunch of first world problems come up on this board since it's been sanitized away from discussions of current events, politics, and real world scientific issues. I'd like to rant about .......

McRib (when available). Mmm, pork and other mystery meat byproducts pressed into a fake rack o' ribs shape. Love 'em! :D:D

McRib (when available). Mmm, pork and other mystery meat byproducts pressed into a fake rack o' ribs shape. Love 'em! :D:D

I'll admit to liking those pig lips and butts ground up and slathered with nasty BBQ sauce, too. Hold the onions, but I'll eat the pickles. :)

Anyone else ever take a big mound of potato chips, smash them between two slices of bread and eat it? I do that like once a year with bbq chips. So good.

Do you add any condiments?

In college, there was a food truck that would add bbq chips and mayo to french bread pizza subs... so good.

In kindergarten, I visited a cousin and adequate a potato chips sandwich for lunch. Mom still gives me grief a about it almost five decades later . . . . No, haven't had one since.

Feast of the starving college student.

Ha, I'm over 50 and I still do that when I get to the bottom of the bag. That is, as long as my wife isn't home to see it.

I used to do that with pb and j sandwiches. I haven't thought about that in years. I may have one before bedtime tonight...

Back