While we're ranting... broken potato chips

You can thank the stock people for that...Gotta get one more bag on the shelf

Boycott!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just eat the broken ones first. Same idea as when you sort M&Ms by color before eating them.

Even seemingly unbroken potato or corn chips seem to revert to potato or corn meal by the end of the bag.

Pringles. Problem solved.

Although I'm not sure how much potato are in those.

I bought a can of Pringles the other day... I'm not even a chip person, so I have to really have some kinda random craving to go out and buy them. Anyway, I bought the can, get to my car, start driving and eagerly pop it open - ready to scarf down the entirety of its contents. Only the contents were crumbs. THE ENTIRE CAN... crumbs. :( How does that even happen?! I was so upset. Not upset enough to turn around and return a $1 thing of Pringles, but upset enough to be... uh, well... really upset.

I'm more of a cookie person.

Tostitos "with a hint of lime." Always crushed these days. Don't even have pieces big enough to dip in salsa.:(

My Pomeranian loves Pringles. I usually have some around for her.

Maybe I should taste one some time. But I don't eat her marrow bones or kibble either.

Just eat the broken ones first. Same idea as when you sort M&Ms by color before eating them.

I don't "sort them by color," I just save the orange & blue to eat last. The other colors just don't matter . . . .

Maybe I should taste one some time. But I don't eat her marrow bones or kibble either.
I think we need a taste test: pringles vs marrow bone vs kibble. Who's volunteering?

I too got a can of pringles recently after not having th for long or 20 years. U was less than impressed but I still scarfed down the whole thing.

Figures on a junk food thread you would be the only PoAer that doesn't indulge.

You live on a diet of air, right? That's why you are in danger of blowing away in a crosswind...:biggrin:...and don't have to include yourself in the W&B calculation?

Last edited:
I happen to work in the potato industry. If people saw the quality of the potatoes that are used to make Pringles they would never eat them.

The sad thing is, even though I know this, I still get the hankerin' to buy a can now & then.

If it doesn't kill you...it makes you stronger...right?

I don't "sort them by color," I just save the orange & blue to eat last. The other colors just don't matter . . . .

Nestle makes a candy similar to the original M&Ms called Smarties. In the 1980s they ran television ads with this jingle:

When you eat your Smarties,
Do you eat the red ones last?
Do you suck them very slowly,
Or crunch them very fast?
Eat that candy-coated chocolate,
But tell me when I ask,
When you eat your Smarties,
Do you eat the red ones last?

I find Fritos to have the least breakage because they are thicker chips to begin with.

I usually go with sourdough pretzels which will break your teeth before they break. They even run a commercial where the presenter breaks them up. I think this is an effort to sell the ones they sweep up off the floor but I could be wrong.

On the box it says "made with real cheese";)

Yup. All they need to do is mix 1% real cheese into the chemical soup to make that claim valid. ;)

Reminds me of the oat bran health craze years ago. Before it was over almost ever processed food product on every shelf was emblazoned with "Contains oat bran". Most of them contained such miniscule quantities there was no possible "health benefit", but consumers didn't know or care. :D

Figures on a junk food thread you would be the only PoAer that doesn't indulge.

You live on a diet of air, right? That's why you are in danger of blowing away in a crosswind...:biggrin:...and don't have to include yourself in the W&B calculation?

I was only commenting on the Pringles. I think the Lay's BBQ chips I eat are probably less healthy.

I was only commenting on the Pringles. I think the Lay's BBQ chips I eat are probably less healthy.

Those of us who are envious of your discipline and ability to manage your weight are relieved to hear you have at least one bad eating habit. :D

Lent is almost over, so we shall look forward to reports next week you are bulking up. Like the rest of us. :(

Lay's BBQ chips are the shiz nit. I don't eat them often, but those are hard to pass on when they are there. And onion dip.

The unhealthy food of choice though, if I decide to go on a suicidal eating binge, is onion rings. I love onion rings. Onion rings, despite the presence of an otherwise healthy vegetable center, are worse for you than French fries. Especially the nice panko crusted ones, which retain even more grease.

The unhealthy food of choice though, if I decide to go on a suicidal eating binge, is onion rings. I love onion rings. Onion rings, despite the presence of an otherwise healthy vegetable center, are worse for you than French fries. Especially the nice panko crusted ones, which retain even more grease.

Okay folks. SAC has thrown down the gauntlet.

What is your "unhealthiest" food of choice, and why.

I'll put up corn dogs as my candidate. Compressed meat byproduct wrapped in deep fried fat saturated corn meal, on a stick. Not even the benefit of a vegetable center. Summer fair season midway "food" of choice!

What is your "unhealthiest" food of choice, and why.

Scrapple.

From Wikipedia:

"Scrapple is typically made of hog offal, such as the head, heart, liver, and other trimmings, which are boiled with any bones attached (often the entire head), to make a broth. Once cooked, bones and fat are removed, the meat is reserved, and (dry) cornmeal is boiled in the broth to make a mush. The meat, finely minced, is returned to the pot and seasonings, typically sage, thyme, savory, black pepper, and others are added.[3][4] The mush is formed into loaves and allowed to cool thoroughly until set. The proportions and seasoning are very much a matter of the region and the cook's taste.[5]

A few manufacturers have introduced beef[6] and turkey varieties and color the loaf to retain the traditional coloration derived from the original pork liver base."

Sounds like Livermush. I know some people that eat this stuff. I won't go near it.

"Livermush is a Southern United States food product composed of pig liver, head parts, and cornmeal. It is commonly spiced with pepper and sage."

Scrapple.

From Wikipedia:

"Scrapple is typically made of hog offal, such as the head, heart, liver, and other trimmings, which are boiled with any bones attached (often the entire head), to make a broth. Once cooked, bones and fat are removed, the meat is reserved, and (dry) cornmeal is boiled in the broth to make a mush. The meat, finely minced, is returned to the pot and seasonings, typically sage, thyme, savory, black pepper, and others are added.[3][4] The mush is formed into loaves and allowed to cool thoroughly until set. The proportions and seasoning are very much a matter of the region and the cook's taste.[5]

A few manufacturers have introduced beef[6] and turkey varieties and color the loaf to retain the traditional coloration derived from the original pork liver base."

Although unappetizing from the description, that doesn't sound overly unhealthy. To me, unhealthy has to also contain high amounts of sugar, starch and oil.

Sounds like Livermush. I know some people that eat this stuff. I won't go near it.

"Livermush is a Southern United States food product composed of pig liver, head parts, and cornmeal. It is commonly spiced with pepper and sage."

Yes, very similar, and quite tasty.

Although unappetizing from the description, that doesn't sound overly unhealthy. To me, unhealthy has to also contain high amounts of sugar, starch and oil.

Burgers and fries, by a long shot. Addicted to burgers. Five Guys, Hardees, and plenty of good local burgers. The most unhealthy has to be this burger from a local restaurant. 1/2# bacon burger with two regular sized grilled cheese sandwiches (fried in butter, natch) as buns. OMG it's so good.

burger-jpg.52734

Attachments

• burger.jpg
    burger.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 100
Back