Eggs fried in bacon grease...

Bought a red copper skillet last weekend. Really works. Egg cooked with no grease. Slick son of a B.

Last edited:
I've been baking bacon on parchment paper lately, works really nicely. Just tip the pan and strain the hot grease into a coffee can or whatever.

First time I ever saw that was when my chef brother in law came to visit. He put a little brown sugar and crushed red pepper on it, then baked it on parchment paper. It was amazing.

Nobody here has seen Epic Meal Time?

Bacon. Bacon. Bacon. Bacon. Bacon.

They're not as interesting as they were seven years ago when this one came out, but it's just after Christmas so this one is as good as any to start with, if you've never watched them. Ha.

Lard! Remember when food tasted great, not anymore, at least not in California. Even saying the word "Lard" in California will get you shunned more than if you said you think nicotine is wonderful.

Is bacon even legal in California?

-John

Here in New Mexico you can still get 5 gallon buckets of lard.

Best way to fry eggs. I tried it with sausage grease one time and it came out ok... but not the same.

Anyone notice that eggs crack pretty much right down the middle these days? @James_Dean, how do you get the hens to lay seams in their eggs?

mmmmmmmm makes me wanna go buy some now. I only save that for special occasions. Maybe the morning of the college football championship!

How it is done:
  1. make bacon in pan
  2. fry egg in bacon greaze; put on plate.
  3. salt egg; dip bread into yoke. eat bread.
  4. sprinkle bacon pieces around egg surface.
  5. eat egg with bacon on it.
  6. love.

This is how I feel afterward:

First time I ever saw that was when my chef brother in law came to visit. He put a little brown sugar and crushed red pepper on it, then baked it on parchment paper. It was amazing.
Oh man, that stuff is evil.

You would think that in a country where they have both pigs and eggs, that they would put two and two together and realize that the bacon part of the pig yields a heavenly medium in which to fry eggs. Sadly, they have not progressed to that point yet.

On the other hand, they are all very thin.

You would think that in a country where they have both pigs and eggs, that they would put two and two together and realize that the bacon part of the pig yields a heavenly medium in which to fry eggs. Sadly, they have not progressed to that point yet.

So how does grilling it compare to curing/smoking it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samgyeopsal
Korean_barbecue-Samgyeopsal-07.jpg

On the other hand, they are all very thin.
Well, get you a side of bacon, smoke it, Then show 'em how it's done. ;)

Eggs fried in bacon fat,all your protiens and fat in one easy step.

Back