• Both?

Votes: 47 79.7%

• Total voters

Badger

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Badger
which control inputs do you typically use to maintain localizer during final approach?

any that are required, but generally aileron and a tad of rudder....(banking isnt turning )

Cyclic, moved by the AP motor / actuator. I'm usually daydreaming about other things during IAPs. :D

Depends on how far off you are. Very minor corrections rudder.

Both for me. Once I overcame the tendency to over-correct, I found myself often under-correcting. Getting a definite bank, even for a 5° correction, was helpful for my control.

Just ailerons for me. Don't touch the rudders much in a jet.

You have to adjust to the approach with whatever input is required to keep you on the localizer.

I voted ailerons. ThTs not to say there's never a time to use rudder alone, or add rudder. It's just the normal way I do it.

I voted both, but it depends on how far off I am and how close in. Just a touch off, I use rudder alone. Much more, I use both.

Neither. I trained with Norris so the localizer corrects to my position.

I've found that once you get the localizer centered and are on your heading, it's easier to lock it in with a steady rudder all the way down vs. chasing it around.

I've found that once you get the localizer centered and are on your heading, it's easier to lock it in with a steady rudder all the way down vs. chasing it around.

I think that is what I am discovering too.

mostly whatever is needed, I personally dislike using only rudder as I find it causes that yawing motion that make people feel sick. When I'm flying my 182 its a combo of aileron and rudder, when I'm flying the jet at work its mostly just the aileron since the aircraft has a yaw damper and we don't use the rudder's much once off the ground

Back