"Where's the wheel?!? -- Where's the wheel?!?"

ElPaso Pilot

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
ElPaso Pilot
Well, that didn't go as planned. :rofl:

More members of the "Hold my beer and watch this" club.

Used to work at a major airbag manufacturer. Most people don't realize just how much bang is in those little inflators.

Used to work at a major airbag manufacturer. Most people don't realize just how much bang is in those little inflators.

Why don't you pop an eardrum when they go off in a car with the windows up?

Haha, very cool. Thanks for posting!

61e4726826ed632a7b70d9dc6ca1e0b2.jpg

Why don't you pop an eardrum when they go off in a car with the windows up?

They can, and do. Hearing loss is much more common, though.

http://www.michiganear.com/webdocuments/Airbag-Deployment-Study.pdf

It's been accepted, since the traumatic injury rate is so dramatically lower with bags than without.

In the early days, the industry was very worried about this. Interestingly, in the post-accident interviews at the time most drivers couldn't even tell you if the airbag went off, much less how loud it was.

In retrospect, however, maybe they could no longer hear the question properly. ;)

I have a lot of respect for airbags. I was jury foreman on Pruitt v. GM and had to watch hours of video of them going off. Early testing was done on pigs, not great video.

I have a lot of respect for airbags. I was jury foreman on Pruitt v. GM and had to watch hours of video of them going off. Early testing was done on pigs, not great video.

Pigs probably didn't think much of it either. DAMN! We're sausage!

... Interestingly, in the post-accident interviews at the time most drivers couldn't even tell you if the airbag went off, much less how loud it was.
I was in a wreck with the windows up. The airbag deployed. It sounded like a shot gun going off. Smelled like one too. The edge of the bag burnt a mark into my arm. It threw my hand into the roof pillar.

I walked away and was fully recovered in a few weeks. The worst damage to me was where my shins hit the bottom of the dash. They were messed up!

Well I don't think it's funny to screw around with airbags. It's right up there with "&!@#$ that gator!"

If that makes me a humorless square then so be it -- I've still got all my teeth and both my balls, though, so I'm sticking with my system.

Well I don't think it's funny to screw around with airbags. It's right up there with "&!@#$ that gator!"

If that makes me a humorless square then so be it -- I've still got all my teeth and both my balls, though, so I'm sticking with my system.

Well, I would not consider doing it myself to be a fun idea but watching idiots risk their balls doing it is sort of fun.

The funniest man ever on TV. Late night has sucked since he left.
He (Carson) avoided explicitly mentioning his views on The Tonight Show, saying he "hates to be pinned down", as that would "hurt me as an entertainer, which is what I am". But I'm on TV five nights a week; I have nothing to gain by it and everything to lose." He also seldom invited political figures onto the Tonight Show because he "didn't want it to become a political forum" and didn't want the show used, by himself or others, to influence the opinions of the viewers.
Wish guys like this were still on t.v.

Well, I would not consider doing it myself to be a fun idea but watching idiots risk their balls doing it is sort of fun.

Well then watch this one:

I'm pretty sure a few balls didn't survive...

Back