Where to Honeymoon?

And so it would seem as everyone who gets divorced had been married. Maybe the way to prevent or lower the divorce rate is simply to outlaw marriage! ?

Or offer a "public option" ;) :fingerwag:

nah scott. that would be the straw that breaks the economy's back.

And so it would seem as everyone who gets divorced had been married. Maybe the way to prevent or lower the divorce rate is simply to outlaw marriage! ?

Or just take her hunting.

Having traveled extensively to both places, it's not my experience either as long as you get away from Waikiki. Our honeymoon was a week each on Hawaii, Kauai, and Maui. We spent a day and a half on Oahu coming and going. All the islands have something unique to offer. Hawaii (the big island) is active volcanos where you can hike to actual oozing lava flows, go to the top of Mauna Kea for the astronomy buff, and snorkle some awesome reefs. Kauai is all about the Napali coast, and Waimea Canyon (grand canyon of the Pacific). Maui - just get the book Maui Revealed and follow your interests.

You can get checked out at Hilo airport and rent a 172 to do your own tour over the lava flows. Maui has some rental aircraft and a school. But just take the helicopter tour on Kauai to the wettest place on earth.

No place to rent a plane on Kauai. Good options for riding around, however. There are the usual helicopters, and Tropic Biplane offers rides in their Waco or in a C-182. Didn't see Snoopy in the air last week when we were there, however.

Kona is another good place to rent when on the big island. I've rented from Tropic Bird three times and had a great time.

Maui Aviators is a good place to rent on Maui. And I'll second "Maui Revealed". I even know where my copy from a few years ago is sitting at home.

I always take the CFI when I fly in Hawaii. They can pronounce the place names on the radio and make great tour guides. Saves the time a check-out would take, too.

Or just take her hunting.

That wouldn't work. She's a better shot than I am. :D

Back