Where to get free aircraft parts

Lawson Laslo

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
N2005H
where should I look to get free scraps from airplanes that would be trashed. I was given a rudder from a citation jet from a friend. It was being thrown away but he saved it. I stripped the paint and polished it and currently making it into a coffe table. If you know anywhere particular to look for parts like this please let me know
I’m located in Oklahoma City

Among other av. parts, I have two huge shiny polished aluminum spinners from a C425 mounted right next to each other on my garage wall. (it strangely brings up a vague reminiscence of Madonna, not sure what that's about)
I have only convinced my wife to permit one aviation part to be mounted in a prominent place in the house; a Cub rib is on the living room wall, it's pretty awesome and gets lots of notice.
I would just prowl the shops and behind hangars, there are tons of things available for the asking or perhaps a small fee.
I also mounted a clock in a Williams FJ44 fan (it's one piece machined titanium I am told) anyway it is beautiful despite being crazy heavy for its size.
I'm starting to get a good collection of worn out jugs and can't decide what to do with them.

where should I look to get free scraps from airplanes that would be trashed.
Follow the weather this spring. Post tornado/t-storm airports can be a good place for "scraps" before it gets carted off to the salvage yard and a price tag put on it. Sometimes the insurance companies will load it for you free. And the salvage yard themselves in some case have items laying around with no resale value depending what you're looking for.

Among other av. parts, I have two huge shiny polished aluminum spinners from a C425 mounted right next to each other on my garage wall. (it strangely brings up a vague reminiscence of Madonna, not sure what that's about)
I have only convinced my wife to permit one aviation part to be mounted in a prominent place in the house; a Cub rib is on the living room wall, it's pretty awesome and gets lots of notice.
I would just prowl the shops and behind hangars, there are tons of things available for the asking or perhaps a small fee.
I also mounted a clock in a Williams FJ44 fan (it's one piece machined titanium I am told) anyway it is beautiful despite being crazy heavy for its size.
I'm starting to get a good collection of worn out jugs and can't decide what to do with them.
Where do you find the jugs!!!

Yes!!!!
That is crazy that some don’t lock there hangar

So far, I have not seen a hangar that could not be entered with simple hand tools or nutdriver, in 15 seconds.
Not saying it's right to be unlocked...however...

So far, I have not seen a hangar that could not be entered with simple hand tools or nutdriver, in 15 seconds.

The planes sinking into the earth are begging to be stripped. Hell, you'd be doing it a favor.....and the AP manager for that matter.

Yes I think of it as a decoy and if someone where to see it they could stop them but if there was no lock how would you know if they where breaking in

(it strangely brings up a vague reminiscence of Madonna, not sure what that's about)

That thought crossed my mind even before reading your parenthetical!

And I may have shared this thought here before...I get a big chuckle every time I reboot my phone. Whoever designed the Motorola logo had to have been a Madonna fan.

F2D6CFF2-C0C6-4531-BC3C-59E3752464BC.png

Back