Where to find a part time pilot? (South Florida)

Garavar

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Garavar
My business partner and I decided to purchase a Piper Matrix. We are not pilots. Insurance company will insure the plane if we designate an experienced pilot who will be flying it. Need someone to fly it once a week. Obviously not a PP since the whole pro rata + experience thing.

Anywhere I can look/post for a part time pilot? Website, club etc.

Aside of course from this post lol. But any South Florida Pilots interested please message me! :)

Thanks gang.

Got a friend that lives in Stuart, not sure if that’s too far north for you. He’s a commercial MEL CFI/II. Has experience in Malibu’s but not matrix. PM for his contact info.

Got a friend that lives in Stuart, not sure if that’s too far north for you. He’s a commercial MEL CFI/II. Has experience in Malibu’s but not matrix. PM for his contact info.

I'll PM you its 1 hour and 40 minutes away by car.

Dang wish I had a commercial and could hear. Whereabouts are you in south Florida? There’s a few in homestead/Tamiami.

Some retired airline types might be interested. I know I would, but your not near me. I know several in south Florida that might be interested. I'll send them a link to this thread.

My business partner and I decided to purchase a Piper Matrix. We are not pilots. Insurance company will insure the plane if we designate an experienced pilot who will be flying it. Need someone to fly it once a week. Obviously not a PP since the whole pro rata + experience thing.

Anywhere I can look/post for a part time pilot? Website, club etc.

Aside of course from this post lol. But any South Florida Pilots interested please message me! :)

Thanks gang.

The pilot you hire is going to be carrying your souls on board the Matrix. Choose wisely.

Also check with your insurance to see what experience they will require. I’m willing to bet they are going to want type training and a certain amount of experience to insure it

It shouldn't be too hard. Ask around at the airport where you plan to keep it. Part-time, recurring jobs like this are perfect for many pilots, who say, have a full-time but flexible job, but want to do some flying on the side.

As far as insurance requirements, for a point of reference, I fly a Matrix for its owners (but I'm in Oklahoma). I just flew it today. I have about 3400 total time, plenty of high-performance and retractable time, and the insurer required I attend initial training (programmed for 4 days) in the airplane, and have 10 hours of time in it before they'd cover me. The 10 hours was, of course, covered in the required training, so it was a non-factor.

One of the owners is a pilot. His total time is something like 700 or so, and he had the same requirements.

They also require annual recurrent training (generally a 1- or 2-day course).

The "problem" with the Matrix is that it's really a pretty easy airplane to fly, BUT it gets lumped in with the pressurized versions because it has the same "PA-46" model number. Pressurized airplanes pretty always require formal training these days.

I am out of South Florida with extensive pilot experience in both piston and turbo props. Where you out of?

Back