Where is PBOR2

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
Any updates? What is the next step?

Also - if I no longer have a copy of my last medical, does that screw me to prove the 10 year clock?

I've booked the local congress critter to address my EAA chapter concerning the PBOR on March 5th after our breakfast.

Its in the hands of the House of Representatives now. I doubt it'll go anywhere soon, they're too busy trying to abolish Obamacare.

Prior to the push for PBOR I sold my RV6A and began building an RV-12 ELSA that I now fly, using my PPL and driver's lic.
Someone called the proposed PBOR2 3rd class medical really a class 4 medical. I thought about the hassle of getting an MD to 'sign me off' every two years and decided to do nothing...just keep m PPL and DL and fly LSA as I do now with no hassle. Only difference is the 10K altitude restriction which is no real limitation.

Prior to the push for PBOR I sold my RV6A and began building an RV-12 ELSA that I now fly, using my PPL and driver's lic.
Someone called the proposed PBOR2 3rd class medical really a class 4 medical. I thought about the hassle of getting an MD to 'sign me off' every two years and decided to do nothing...just keep m PPL and DL and fly LSA as I do now with no hassle. Only difference is the 10K altitude restriction which is no real limitation.

If we don't do something to stop requiring everyone pass a physical like a High School kid, I don't want to lose my medical which would kill flying altogether, so LSA sounds very attractive if you're an older recreational PP.

Fly for the rest of your driver's license career and flip 'em the finger. :wink2:

I like that.

Its in the hands of the House of Representatives now. I doubt it'll go anywhere soon, they're too busy trying to abolish Obamacare.

Your opinion is objectively wrong, and as such, you should be banned for sharing it.

Just trying to apply the new community standards.

Your opinion is objectively wrong, and as such, you should be banned for sharing it.

Because ONE person suggests it, that makes it "the new community standards"? :rolleyes:

Huh. I thought the new community standard was to make fun of Henning.

Last edited:
That is the house version. Check the Senate version.

The House version needs to move now. The Senate version is passed, now the House version has to pass, then they have to negotiate agreement between the two, and then the President has to sign or veto...

The point is that the House version has not moved an inch in over a year.

The House version needs to move now. The Senate version is passed, now the House version has to pass, then they have to negotiate agreement between the two, and then the President has to sign or veto...

The point is that the House version has not moved an inch in over a year.
They don't have to conference with the Senate if they accept the Senate version as adopted.

It's been longer than "just" now, I'd say. Perhaps I'm expecting too much too quickly, but somebody has to start getting it moving sooner rather than later.

I still don't understand what point you are trying to make. There's nothing left for the Senate to be done at this point.

I still don't understand what point you are trying to make. There's nothing left for the Senate to be done at this point.
I meant the Senate version going through the house since the Senate is already finished with their vote. If they want to avoid conference, it'll have to be amended to match or reintroduced. The existing house bill is still an earlier draft.

I meant the Senate version going through the house since the Senate is already finished with their vote. If they want to avoid conference, it'll have to be amended to match or reintroduced. The existing house bill is still an earlier draft.

More likely the "HR" one will be abandoned, and the House will take up the adopted "S" bill for consideration.

More likely the "HR" one will be abandoned, and the House will take up the adopted "S" bill for consideration.

Precisely. That is unless they do attach it to another bill. Once a committee has hashed things out and it's not some controversial thing that a politician wants to make legislative history on to look good back home, it usually passes through the full body without further comment.

Precisely. That is unless they do attach it to another bill. Once a committee has hashed things out and it's not some controversial thing that a politician wants to make legislative history on to look good back home, it usually passes through the full body without further comment.

If they attach to another bill, it will have to go back to the Senate.

But yeah, if it's non-controversial, the easiest way now is to get it on the suspension calendar for the House and just approve the Senate bill.

It'd take a matching bill, which you said was inaccurate.

yes that is inaccurate. a bill needs to go through both chambers. It isn't that a bill passes the senate and another bill (even if the same) passes the House and it becomes law.

yes that is inaccurate. a bill needs to go through both chambers. It isn't that a bill passes the senate and another bill (even if the same) passes the House and it becomes law.
If the bills don't match, it has to go through conference. If they match, it doesn't. What part are we getting tripped up about exactly?

If the bills don't match, it has to go through conference. If they match, it doesn't. What part are we getting tripped up about exactly?

One bill.

S. 571 is approved by the Senate. S.571 goes to the House for consideration. If S.571 is unamended in the House and is approved by the House the bill does not require conference.

The situation you are describing is:

S. 571 is approved by the Senate. H 1062 is amended to match the wording of S.571 in the House. The House passes 1062. It still needs to go to the Senate for their approval. If the Senate approves 1062 no conference is required. Approval in one chamber of one bill despite having identical language does not permit it to skip the process.

The House doesn't have to vote on their bill. They can vote on S.571, which the Senate has already approved. If the House approves S.571 without changes, then it passes Congress and goes to the president for signature. The original House version of the bill becomes irrelevant.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back