kimberlyanne546

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Kimberly
I last saw him departing WINGS in May of 2012:

MRImnf2.jpg

That thing is creepy. No way it is getting on my plane. :no:

Hayden is a stowaway - He generally gets on the plane without the PIC's knowledge. :D

In fact, uh, someone stowed him on a rental once and then had to call the pilot to inform them Hayden was aboard, lest he become a rider of the rental fleet for all eternity...

Hayden stowed away with me - TWICE!

Last I saw of him, I believe he flew away to Missouri in a CitaBlueBerria with Diana.

That was probably three years or more ago.

Well, let me tell you the story of a man named Charlie . . .

Hayden is a stowaway - He generally gets on the plane without the PIC's knowledge. :D

In fact, uh, someone stowed him on a rental once and then had to call the pilot to inform them Hayden was aboard, lest he become a rider of the rental fleet for all eternity...

Well, let me tell you the story of a man named Charlie . . .
... and through the open window she hands Charlie a sandwich as the train comes rumblin' though. :) Haven't heard that in years and years.

Hayden is the town where the Yampa Valley Regional Airport serving Steamboat Springs CO is located. :D

Cheers

I thought you had some ****ing rubber chicken row something?

Hayden stowed away with me - TWICE!

Last I saw of him, I believe he flew away to Missouri in a CitaBlueBerria with Diana.

That was probably three years or more ago.
Hayden flew to Beaumont to spend time with the lovely Dawn, who made some major repairs for his next journey. I can't remember where he went after that. I recall his trip to OSH, but don't remember if that was before Dawn or after Dawn.

As jokes go, Hayden is not all that creepy.
Case in point:
When my father died, he donated his body to science.
He didn't bother to tell anyone in the family, except my son, who had orders to keep his mouth shut. When we show up to claim the body, surprise! No body.
Then the pictures started to turn up on a website called "Where In The World is Pop-pop?"
They were always the same. A Maxwell House coffee can (his favorite brand), wearing a baseball cap or some other head gear, aviator shades, with a pack of Camel cigarettes (the brand that killed him) in one gloved hand and a beer in the other.
Sitting in an F-14 at Pensacola Naval Air Station.
Surrounded by bikini clad girls on a beach in California. At a rodeo in Texas, A jazz club in New Orleans, The Eiffel Tower, The Kremlin, with the guards at Buckingham Palace. The Indy 500.
Apparently my son knew a lot of people, who would go to a lot of trouble to be part of the gag. Nearly 1,000 photos from all over the world.
This went on for 3 years, before his cremated remains were returned to us.
Now he's a bar lamp. Still wearing his aviators, and his cap.

Case in point:
He didn't bother to tell anyone in the family, except my son, who had orders to keep his mouth shut. When we show up to claim the body, surprise! No body.
Then the pictures started to turn up on a website called "Where In The World is Pop-pop?"
They were always the same. A Maxwell House coffee can (his favorite brand), wearing a baseball cap or some other head gear, aviator shades, with a pack of Camel cigarettes (the brand that killed him) in one gloved hand and a beer in the other.
Surrounded by bikini clad girls on a beach in California. At a rodeo in Texas, A jazz club in New Orleans, The Eiffel Tower, The Kremlin, with the guards at Buckingham Palace. The Indy 500.
Apparently my son knew a lot of people, who would go to a lot of trouble to be part of the gag. Nearly 1,000 photos from all over the world.

Maybe macabre - but I think he had friends to cherish, and they love him enough to ensure his legacy lives on.

Case in point:

Great story! Hope you saved all the photos!

We need a link to the pop-pop site. That's an awesome story.
My son took the site down after we got his ashes back. I'm trying to find the pictures, or have him send me a set if I can't find them. I will post a couple of the better pictures.

Is Hayden really lost forever? I wonder what became of him. He should resurrect himself at Wings or Gaston's....

On another note, who started the Hayden thing?

Hayden bifurcated at 6Y9. He has never "gotten better"

Have never met Hayden ,if someone can find him would be happy to further his travels.

Is Hayden really lost forever? I wonder what became of him. He should resurrect himself at Wings or Gaston's....

On another note, who started the Hayden thing?

That was Adam and I at a Wings event a few years back. It was right after Travelocity started their roaming gnome ad campaign. We got the idea from somewhere else. Another group was doing it with a stuffed bear or monkey or something. But we went the gnome route. I think Grant and Leslie were the first to take him.

The real question is, "Where is Kimberly?"

I believe she has a job now working in the City.

Ugg. A fate worse then death. And completely cut off from the internet.

:(

Kimberly is doing fine. I had dinner with her in the City about a month ago.

what and where is this "the City" thingy y'all are talking about? :)

Oh, and Hayden is 40.484727,-107.219883

I thought she was a west coast girl and everyone knows the only place to truly be called "the City" is on the east coast.

what and where is this "the City" thingy y'all are talking about? :)

Oh, and Hayden is 40.484727,-107.219883
37.782990, -122.466396 is about where we had dinner.

Back