Where is Blue?

JohnAJohnson

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
JohnAJohnson
I think this is the pilotsofamerica.com forum, but over the last couple of years it sure seems like I'm on the Red Board. When I joined in 2006, this was a civil place to ask or answer questions or swap lies, and a refreshing change from the Red Board. Not any more.

Those who feel they must respond to every thread, even with absolutely nothing to offer other than criticism or putdowns, would fit right in on the Red Board. Why would they possibly want to come here? I miss the Blue Board.

(ok, let's here the criticism and putdowns :))

There have been stories of members being snatched during the night, never to be heard from again...

Bite me...if you don't like being told you are wrong then go find a safe space and a puppy.

Bite me...if you don't like being told you are wrong then go find a safe space and a puppy.
I thought this was the safe space,
ever since they sixed the spin zone.

Incidentally, why don't we call "pilotspin.com" the "'grey board".

Butt hurt is the motto of the blue board! Seriously, I am not interested in arguments and chest puffing, I'm not going to convince anyone and you likely won't convince me, but I promise I will listen to a reasoned approach. I most admire the threads here that include some adult discourse but have miraculously not devolved to the usual pi$$ing match. I hang around here a lot more than the red board for that reason. Well that and I don't pay to belong here in exchange for butt hurt - my 172 145hp is an airplane and it will take me places. At MY pace, not someone else's! :)

Honestly JAJ, I'd much rather read about someone's flight/training/never again/medical experience and look at the pictures pilots took yesterday than read a thread that's becomes a waste-of-time Pee-fest.

Oh I've looked at some of the old threads back in 2005 and it was the same then as it is now. If anything, with the elimination of the Spinzone, it's more civil now than it used to be. I've also viewed Red Zone threads and seen them just as bad.

As far as those that leave aviation forums never to be heard from:

1. Just got bored with aviation and the conversation is no longer stimulating.
2. Lost medical, no longer in physical condition to even take part in LSA.
3. Motivated at first but found they can't keep up with the enormous costs of GA.
4. Prefers to talk politics more than aviation topics.
5. Type A personality who gets offended when corrected. Or, type A personality who revolves around proving someone wrong.
6. Needy. "The FB syndrome." Don't give me attention, I'll find somewhere that does.

Everyone who punches out of POA, falls in one of those categories. Scientifically proven. ;)

I guess more and more need their safe spaces and sanctuary cities. Now who's got that "feelings hurt" form? Might need one.

I thought this was the safe space,
ever since they sixed the spin zone.

Incidentally, why don't we call "pilotspin.com" the "'grey board".

What's ironic about that, is "We", I say "WE"" got much more aggressive when they shut down Spin Zone. I had never stepped into it once, but now the debochery takes place in most forums. And when it's in front of me, I feel compelled to step into the fray.

Every website needs a pressure relief valve. PoA replaced theirs with a plug.

Everyone who punches out of POA, falls in one of those categories. Scientifically proven. ;)

There were also some who abided by the rules, kept their political discourse in SZ, and were penalized because of the behavior of a few.

They left basically because they really were tossed.

Every website needs a pressure relief valve. PoA replaced theirs with a plug.

e9364b47ab6b8cc72a8f7f1b8d10d8ca.jpg

Bejeweled even.

You think this place is bad...go check out the AOPA Member's Group on Facebook. (which is not affiliated with AOPA...at least I hope not)

...but yeah the continual prop swinging contests by the know it alls make contributing to the board less enjoyable vs. sharing what we have all learned.

There are no stupid questions, only stupid pilots.

was the internet even around in 2006?!

also your initial post has no picture in it, so pretty sure this entire thread is basically invalid :D

It doesn't take long to recognize individuals who are rude, impolite, not worth respecting or listening to, etc, and surprisingly few "ignores" makes the board a lot more tenable.

I think if you had limited it to GA then I'd have agreed. POA is not the world.

7. I want to X (fly, build, learn) and I don't have time to keep up with this board while I explore it.

There were also some who abided by the rules, kept their political discourse in SZ, and were penalized because of the behavior of a few.

They left basically because they really were tossed.

e9364b47ab6b8cc72a8f7f1b8d10d8ca.jpg

Bejeweled even.

What's with the funny looking cufflinks?

Back