When does dental work become reportable?

Sac Arrow

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Snorting his way across the USA
Routine cleaning? Drill and fill? Root canal? Extraction?

Just curious.

Well, the instructions say that routine is not reportable. I would say when surgery is done, it's no longer routine, but that's just my interpretation.

I never knew I was supposed to report dental work. But I have never had oral surgery.

I reported my oral surgery. Non-issue as far as the AME was concerned.

Ugh, I was writing down all the cleanings to report on my next medical!

I have had MAJOR dental work done over the years. Too much to list here...
I report everything except routine cleanings. The Feds don't care, but I know I'm covered.

That sounds about right...oral surgery under anesthesia.

I have had MAJOR dental work done over the years. Too much to list here...
I report everything except routine cleanings. The Feds don't care, but I know I'm covered.

That sounds about right...oral surgery under anesthesia.

Sounds reasonable. But what about surgery under local anesthetic?

Serious question. Not trying to find a way to evade, just want to be covered in case.

Sounds reasonable. But what about surgery under local anesthetic?

Serious question. Not trying to find a way to evade, just want to be covered in case.

I don't know what the FAA wants to know or why, but I can't see a reason why anyone would care about the actual procedure itself. The anesthetic is metabolized relatively quickly, and you'd only be on analgesics for a few days. The reason for the surgery may be pertinent, maybe some type of sinus grafting. For major orthognathic surgery, you'd most likely get general anesthesia, but I still don't know how it would affect your ability to pilot unless there were some type of problems.

Ugh, I was writing down all the cleanings to report on my next medical!
Even if you do report cleaning you only need to report the last one and put "previous visits" or something like that. It's the same with any other doctor you visit repeatedly for the same condition or reason.

Well, the instructions say that routine is not reportable. I would say when surgery is done, it's no longer routine, but that's just my interpretation.

It's routine for the dentist, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Rich

It's routine for the dentist, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Rich

Well, I am a dentist and it is all routine to me, but not necessarily to the patient. The same thing could be said for any other type of surgery. Things change when you open a surgical plane.

Well, I am a dentist and it is all routine to me, but not necessarily to the patient. The same thing could be said for any other type of surgery. Things change when you open a surgical plane.

I was joking, Gary. :lol:

Rich

I'm a dentist, too, and I think cleanings are not routine to most people in Georgia. :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back