What's Awesome?

SixPapaCharlie

May the force be with you
Display Name

Display name:
Sixer
The news / media is all bad. It's exhausting.

Let's share some good. I used to listen to this radio show (greggo and Brian) and they had this segment called "That's Awesome"

They would share little things we all enjoy (putting on a pair of pants and finding a twenty in the pocket) and I enjoyed listening to people calling in and sharing the little things that happen to most of us that put us in a good mood.

This is weird but one thing that Mrs. 6PC and I joke about is who gets to pull that film off a new digital device. You get a new clock, cellphone, or whatever and they put that little plastic film over it. You pull it off and reveal the new shiny surface. Totally stupid but for whatever reason, we both enjoy removing that and it is like our version of popping bubble wrap or something.

What else is awesome?

I got into a vehicle in Milwaukee after work today, pointed it west and worked the buttons/levers/etc that allowed it to climb to almost a mile in the air. Not long after that, I was in Madison. After a short, fun (aviation-related) meeting (and a few free cookies), I got back into the vehicle and pointed it east... back home to Milwaukee.

I know it sometimes gets lost in the "this is what we do" shuffle, but this kind of thing will always be awesome to me.

Awesome is owning a time machine that allows us to be in Galveston, Houston, Lockhart, Austin, New Braunfels, San Marcos, Cotulla, McAllen, or South Padre in an hour. (And costs peanuts to operate.)

Awesome is being married to a woman who flies, too.

Awesome is building a successful aviation themed hotel on an island paradise.

Awesome is having two healthy, adult children, and my own health, too.

Life is awesome! :) :yes:

The often overlooked Little League World Series. It's actually pretty awesome....kids, trying their hardest, playing baseball, making mistakes, having fun, feeling in top of the world when they win.....it's pretty cool! I got hooked when a team from my home town was in it and doing well two years ago. Check it out!

Oh, and Smartfood popcorn. Yeah, it's awesome.

Awesome is being in the position that has allowed me to sabbaticalize for the last three years. I'll probably (maybe) go back to work next year but the last three years have been awesome. I ran wide open for ten years and needed to lay down for a while to get caught up on life.

Mission accomplished!

It's been awesome.

Everything's amazing and nobody's happy.

I have a cool new puppy. Puppies are awesome. Second week at the lake with my daughter also awesome.

Awesome is a word that needs to be deleted.
Awesome is the word that drives me crazy when used ten times in a short sentence .
Awesome is a word that should only be used by kids.

Awesome is a word that needs to be deleted.
Awesome is the word that drives me crazy when used ten times in a short sentence .
Awesome is a word that should only be used by kids.

Awesome post! :lol:

I slept here Saturday night and a huge storm came through. I loved every minute of it. I love storms. It was awesome.

10394033_10204695426892495_7385033841920007302_n.jpg

999993308502.jpg

999999179088.jpg

999959245096.jpg

I got into a vehicle in Milwaukee after work today, pointed it west and worked the buttons/levers/etc that allowed it to climb to almost a mile in the air. Not long after that, I was in Madison. After a short, fun (aviation-related) meeting (and a few free cookies), I got back into the vehicle and pointed it east... back home to Milwaukee.

I know it sometimes gets lost in the "this is what we do" shuffle, but this kind of thing will always be awesome to me.

Nothing awesome about going to Madison. :D

I slept here Saturday night and a huge storm came through. I loved every minute of it. I love storms. It was awesome.

10394033_10204695426892495_7385033841920007302_n.jpg

999993308502.jpg

999999179088.jpg

999959245096.jpg

Hmmmm....I wonder who's tent was at the bottom of those lightning bolts??! That wouldn't be awsome!

Getting in bed and the sheets are fresh out of the laundry.
Always awesome

Bacon! Bacon is awesome! as in "Awe! Some BACON!" :)

Making paella on the grill is awesome:

Attachments

• Paella.jpeg
    Paella.jpeg
    167.6 KB · Views: 26
Bacon! Bacon is awesome! as in "Awe! Some BACON!" :)

WINNER!!!

Had BLTs last night...fresh tomatoes out of the garden...nothing more awesome in life.

I don't think I read this here...but I read this recently...made me laugh out loud.

Bacon is like women:

Smells good

Looks good

Tastes good

And slowly kills a man!

:goofy:

That joke is awesome!!

(though my bride doesn't think it's all that funny)

:yeahthat:Especially when she loves to fly as much (or more) than you do, AND she earns enough money to finance it!:yes:

You didn't build that Jay!
:stirpot:
Every month, as I write out those redistribution checks to the #1 beneficiary of all my hard work, I am reminded of that awful speech. Most decidedly NOT awesome.

But, hey -- don't be a buzz-kill! Everything is duckies and doodles! :)

31 May 2019 is awesome, that's the day I shake John Gaults hand.

This is weird but one thing that Mrs. 6PC and I joke about is who gets to pull that film off a new digital device. You get a new clock, cellphone, or whatever and they put that little plastic film over it. You pull it off and reveal the new shiny surface. Totally stupid but for whatever reason, we both enjoy removing that and it is like our version of popping bubble wrap or something.

What else is awesome?

It's awesome that 6PC will actually track me down in the house to give me the honor of peeling off said film. A really little thing, but the thought means a lot.

Also, in agreement on our camping trip. Not the storm per se, as I slept right through it. :D But watching the kids have fun, spending time with the family, even the first night with the air mattress not fully blown up. We spent hours laughing our asses off as one of us would move and bounce the other in the air. At one point, I accidently did a back flip off the thing. Not the best night of sleep at all, but so much fun.

Another really awesome thing for me personally is the non-profit I run. Been with the company off and on for 12 years. Took over as director 2.5 years ago, and the board was considering closing it, as we weren't doing well. Since then, I have increased our funding, got us voted Non-Profit of the Year for our county, and we are in planning stages to open a second branch. It's an incredible organization, and I'm so proud and happy to see it grow. It's awesome!

Oh, and gummy candy. That's awesome too.

I have a cool new puppy. Puppies are awesome. Second week at the lake with my daughter also awesome.

Mods, you might want to look into Greg's account, I think it has been hacked :goofy:

Petting the dog on the porch with a cold drink looking at stars... Is awesome.

Reading bedtime stories with my boys.

...and 98%* of the time I get to spend with them.

*Because my 7 yr old, when asked at school last week to describe himself for his new teacher wrote: "I'm kind, generous, and 2% odd."

From the mouths of babes...

Last edited:
Great thread idea! I get sick of the malcontents we all have to deal with on a daily basis after a while.

That moment when brain freeze goes away.
not sure if everybody experiences that but I have noticed brief moment at the end of brain freeze where I feel really awesome

That moment when brain freeze goes away.
not sure if everybody experiences that but I have noticed brief moment at the end of brain freeze where I feel really awesome

Thanks for reminding me of what brain freeze feels like. :mad:

(Sorry! Out of scope for this thread, but dang that felt almost real!)

How about that we can move millions of bits of data onto a device that fits in our hands in seconds with out wires? I've been writing software since 1975 and that's just amazing to me even though I know how (most) of it works.

John

Mods, you might want to look into Greg's account, I think it has been hacked :goofy:

Awesome. Puppy on lap. Coffee in hand
Grandma playing with daughter. Still at the lake. Raining. Weather is less then awesome. But total still equals awesome.

FlightAware tracking is awesome.
Why? Because I went on a Pilots'n'Paws flight with another pilot and forgot to call the wife before our return leg. She started freaking out because she saw some big storms at our destination and thought the worst. One glance at FlightAware with the right tail number (I gave her a link beforehand) and she knew we were close to home, away from all the convective activity.

Yay FlightAware! And yay my preparedness! :)

Now to go get more coffee.

Flight aware is awesome about 50% of the time.
If I get an IFR rating it will always be awesome.

Back