What's Awesome?

I'm confused... A bunch of pilots extolling the awesomeness of kitty's and puppies, kuddly children and grandma by the fire with coffee and paella... What kind of alternate universe is this?

My wife. She left her job, her friends, her home and country and traveled thousands of miles just to be with me.

On 20June14 she became a naturalized citizen. She did all the work herself. All I did was drive her to where she needed to go.

If you have never been to a swearing in ceremony, go when you have a chance. I was really moved by the people that didn't just want to live and work in the USA, They WANTED to be US citizens. They worked hard, just like my wife, to become legal citizens. I saw a man from russia, probably in his early 70s, with tears in his eyes as he was pronounced a US citizen. His face was just beaming as he pinned his new American flag on his shirt collar.

It is not cheap to become a US citizen.

I expected..
Cleared direct, pistonfree engines, having to worry about busting the 250kt speed limit, 40kt tailwind both ways, cheap alternative to 100ll, your gf asking you if her hot friend can join you two in the bedroom.. you know pilot stuff like that.

Two year old Scarlett. Sitting on the couch with me picking up blocks and me saying, "one yellow block, two yellow blocks, three yellow blocks," and she just watches.

Then she goes into the computer room to see Pilot Grampa, points and says, "Whats this?" He replies, "That's a mouse." Pointing again, she asks, "What's this?" Once again Pilot Grampa says, "That's a mouse."

Scarlett picks up the mice and says, "Two mouse." She sees the red light coming from beneath both mice. She says, "Two light."

That's awesome.

Last edited:
Taking off, Flying, and landing. That's awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife. She left her job, her friends, her home and country and traveled thousands of miles just to be with me.

On 20June14 she became a naturalized citizen. She did all the work herself. All I did was drive her to where she needed to go.

If you have never been to a swearing in ceremony, go when you have a chance. I was really moved by the people that didn't just want to live and work in the USA, They WANTED to be US citizens. They worked hard, just like my wife, to become legal citizens. I saw a man from russia, probably in his early 70s, with tears in his eyes as he was pronounced a US citizen. His face was just beaming as he pinned his new American flag on his shirt collar.

It is not cheap to become a US citizen.

Congratulations to your wife!
That's awesome for sure!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a cool new puppy. Puppies are awesome.

h56B2A715

Waking up in the morning and my 3 daughters walking out of their room and each saying "Good morning daddy" is awesome. It never gets old.

Borrowed a friend's lake place for the weekend. Bonfire. The sounds of the lake lapping onto shore. My wife and dog sitting next to me. And a drink in my hand.

We didn't fly up here, but that's about the only thing that could've made it better.

Sometimes I forget how lucky I am...

Just bought a house under the approach to 17R at KCOS, moving in on Saturday.

I'm just around the corner from Meadowlake. What's in the pattern up there is more awesome than at KCOS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Waking up in the morning and smelling coffee.

I remember my first long ifr XC after mu check ride,climbing through a layer of clouds about 2000 ft thick and the feeling when I broke through. I swear there is a sound when you do that, but probably not. Don't tell anyone but as I broke through I leveled off and skimmed the tops of the overcast for a minute or two. That was awesome.

Just woke up got the coffee and wagging tail puppy. Soon there will be bacon, onions and eggs cooking. Reasonably awesome.

Getting married on Sunday, which is awesome. But what makes it better is my future wife agreed that the candy table needed one of these...

A 26 lb. Gummi Bear is awesome (that's a quarter on its foot).
gummi bear.jpg

OK, I don't mind admitting it: you folks are really picking my spirits up.

For me, it's the way I have had the amazing privilege of meeting so many good people, just because I started flying.

---

And that naturalization ceremony post brought a tear or two to my eyes, too.

Makes up a bit for us bashing each other in the other threads? :)

^^^^ Nerds!

That candy is Awesome!

Our oldest started 1st grade today. Up till now, he's been at a private church school. Now he's at a big elementary and he did AWESOME! I came home from work and before I could ask how his day way, he ran to me, gave me a hug, and said, "I can't wait to go back tomorrow!" I just love his joy and enthusiasm.

2614dfa1-eb4d-4586-9789-f450393f9298_zps4320218b.jpg

Started a new job yesterday, 100% telecommute, working for one of my best friends. That's AWESOME!

Back