What's Awesome?

updating this thread from 3500 feet is awesome.

Sneaking out of work Friday morning heading to the Hangar for lunch with the guys, and finishing out the day at the airport is awesome.

Last edited:
Landing our 180 where people never expect an airplane to land, and stepping out and saying "howdy!"

That's awesome. :yes:

Are you in Amarillo, by any chance? :D

No, was flying from Ft. Worth to Denton.

Speaking of which,

The sunset is awesome

999934502621.jpg

Last edited:
Have the day off work tomorrow with my favorite little girl, 6 days before she starts kindergarten.

Then Monday's a holiday. Won't have worked a 5 day week in 4 weeks. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Almost 4 hours of free, wind in the hair, dynamic flying, that is awesome.

The often overlooked Little League World Series. It's actually pretty awesome....kids, trying their hardest, playing baseball, making mistakes, having fun, feeling in top of the world when they win.....it's pretty cool! I got hooked when a team from my home town was in it and doing well two years ago. Check it out!

You know...I had 28days off work that just happened to coincide with the Little League World Series this year. Ive never watched before but I watched one game and got hooked! The emotions and effort from these kids is amazing. There is a real love for the game that is seldom seen at the pro level.

My wife. She left her job, her friends, her home and country and traveled thousands of miles just to be with me.

On 20June14 she became a naturalized citizen. She did all the work herself. All I did was drive her to where she needed to go.

If you have never been to a swearing in ceremony, go when you have a chance. I was really moved by the people that didn't just want to live and work in the USA, They WANTED to be US citizens. They worked hard, just like my wife, to become legal citizens. I saw a man from russia, probably in his early 70s, with tears in his eyes as he was pronounced a US citizen. His face was just beaming as he pinned his new American flag on his shirt collar.

It is not cheap to become a US citizen.

I start the Naturalization process next month:D (Born in Scotland)

That's purdy.

Funny how just looking at a picture like that gives me the mind like I'm flying and not at my desk and all my tension melts away and I get a smile.

There's something God like about flying. Or maybe the word is 'solitude.' :dunno:

Awesome is that although my Mom was given only months to live, that was a year ago, and today she turned 75. The party is tomorrow, and she is going strong.

Cool! Every once and a while, it helps to get a new perspective on the world.

So, is she hooked? Do we see an RV-8 in the Pappa Charlie hangar soon?

No but something clicked. She landed and said "this is the first time I think I have experienced the joy you get from flying"

This is weird but one thing that Mrs. 6PC and I joke about is who gets to pull that film off a new digital device. You get a new clock, cellphone, or whatever and they put that little plastic film over it. You pull it off and reveal the new shiny surface. Totally stupid but for whatever reason, we both enjoy removing that and it is like our version of popping bubble wrap or something.

I'm a real estate agent (ducking tomatoes) and once met a couple at their home to discuss listing their home. I mentioned that I noticed they had upgraded to stainless appliances and the wife laments, "yeah, we did, but the dishwasher came out a lot blue-er than we expected." I just didn't have the heart to tell them it was just a protective wrapping placed on the stainless steel. Must have been there for at least a year or two.

Went flying today for my club annual and passed without any problems. That's awesome. Shot good video with intercom and external audio. Should be posted soon. But even more awesome was the visit from the Memphis Belle at my home field (KTTA - Raleigh Executive) while I was flying. Nothing like sharing the pattern with a 70-year old piece of history.

Mrs 6PC did something awesome today
999948584030.jpg

This was SO awesome! No RV for me, but I really, really love an open cockpit bi-plane. This was a Great Lakes, but I don't know if it will really matter. I have always loved the look of bi-planes, but the feel was incredible -feeling the wind blow and being able to see all around. The aerobatics were great as well -not near as scary as I thought they would be. The only downside was the ride was WAY too short! :D

I'm a real estate agent (ducking tomatoes) and once met a couple at their home to discuss listing their home. I mentioned that I noticed they had upgraded to stainless appliances and the wife laments, "yeah, we did, but the dishwasher came out a lot blue-er than we expected." I just didn't have the heart to tell them it was just a protective wrapping placed on the stainless steel. Must have been there for at least a year or two.

Went flying today for my club annual and passed without any problems. That's awesome. Shot good video with intercom and external audio. Should be posted soon. But even more awesome was the visit from the Memphis Belle at my home field (KTTA - Raleigh Executive) while I was flying. Nothing like sharing the pattern with a 70-year old piece of history.

Last summer I replaced the LCD in my daughter's HP laptop and failed to notice that there was a protective cover I was supposed to remove. Fortunately I was able to pull it off without disassembling the darn thing all the way again (to replace the LCD you have to remove almost every other part first). I didn't learn about the covering (it looked very clear) until I complained to the supplier that they sent a glossy LCD instead of the matte finish one I had ordered.

Robotic Vacuum cleaner is awesome

I always thought those seemed a little silly.
I have one now and it is roaming the house right now.

Having Dogs and wood floors means just accepting that there will always be little bits of hair along the walls.

No more. Robots are awesome.

Is this what it's like at your house now?

I opened a separate "Airplane Fund" savings account to save for buying my first plane. Showed my bride. She said "GOOD FOR YOU! About time!"

Then she came back into the room a couple minutes later and said "refresh that screen please!".

She'd moved some of her OWN money into our airplane fund account.

She LOVES to fly with me AND will help me buy my own plane?!?

THAT'S AWESOME!

Last edited:
Took my 5 year old nephew to his soccer game last night. He had a good night, but it was one of his teammates that made the evening. There is a little girl on his team that has not scored to date. She is one of those sweet, always smiling, happy little people.

About halfway through the game, she had the ball come to her near the net. She swung her foot and in what seemed like an hour later, the ball trickled into the net. The smile and excitement from her was as genuine as anything I've ever seen. She was floating around the rest of the game.

A thoroughly enjoyable evening!!

Took my 5 year old nephew to his soccer game last night. He had a good night, but it was one of his teammates that made the evening. There is a little girl on his team that has not scored to date. She is one of those sweet, always smiling, happy little people.

About halfway through the game, she had the ball come to her near the net. She swung her foot and in what seemed like an hour later, the ball trickled into the net. The smile and excitement from her was as genuine as anything I've ever seen. She was floating around the rest of the game.

A thoroughly enjoyable evening!!

Heh. Sometimes even a blind squirrel gets a nut? ;)

Back