What to use to clean my oily belly?? lol

maduro

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Maduro
WD40? Dawn? What other grease cleaner? Thanx.

FWIW "Buddha Belly" works awesome, but my preferred method is the local detail guy. He uses "the Cash App".

A dry towel with nothing works pretty good if you don't have anything else.
I don't use it, but I don't think the 100LL will hurt the paint. Lord knows I've spilt enough on the wing to find out.

aero costmetics belly soap and buddha belly both work well.

WD40? Dawn? What other grease cleaner? Thanx.

Mineral spirits is cheaper than WD40. It won't attack the paint, and it won't leave a gooey film after you wipe it off.

But, if you really want to spend some money, this is the stuff that works even better than mineral spirits: https://a.co/d/6gw56pN

71+XKn429uL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Aero cosmetics belly soap,works good for even heavy grease buildup.

Look up sodium carbonate.

A BIG difference between a thick engine block or manifold and thin aircraft aluminum. And aircraft have seams that this stuff can get trapped and eat the structure.'

I’m pointing to pH and the “low-ish” relative concentrations of these corrosive compounds. It’s not like dumping soda ash or caustic on bare aluminum.

Would you spray anything greater or less than pH 7.0 on your plane? What’s the pH range of potable water in the US? I think some would be surprised to find the pH of our water approaching that of some household cleaning products.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t use this stuff (I use WD-40) but it’s not as horrendous as using 409 or Super Clean. If one wanted to check, just look in the back interior of the plane at the bare aluminum seams to see if years of using this stuff seeping into the seams is bad. I don’t know. I’m just pointing out the chemistry.

100ll on a rag, for really clean, simple green diluted and a rag.

Give the neighbor kids a free ride. They'll do a crap job. But they'll do a crap job with a smile. And that warms my cold black heart.

I’m pointing to pH and the “low-ish” relative concentrations of these corrosive compounds. It’s not like dumping soda ash or caustic on bare aluminum.

Would you spray anything greater or less than pH 7.0 on your plane? What’s the pH range of potable water in the US? I think some would be surprised to find the pH of our water approaching that of some household cleaning products.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t use this stuff (I use WD-40) but it’s not as horrendous as using 409 or Super Clean. If one wanted to check, just look in the back interior of the plane at the bare aluminum seams to see if years of using this stuff seeping into the seams is bad. I don’t know. I’m just pointing out the chemistry.
I can't order water at restaurants in town. Chlorine content of pool water. So glad I'm on a well.

100LL on a rag to get the messy stuff. Then polish to your liking with detailing spray, if needed.

Back