What to get the misses.

Jim Case

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
AceDolphinFlyer
Hey all, my Girlfriends birthday is coming up. She's studying to be a doctor, almost done with schooling. I'm going big this year, I have it narrowed down to A decent microscope( hers sucks ) or a nice leather jacket ( hers is faux leather ) what do you guys think Is the better choice? I think she would use the jacket more, but the microscope seems more thought out. Also any other little things, i also am open to adding on as well

Yeah that's what I mean, REAL leather. None of that fake stuff

You'll find there are a lot of variations of "real" leather. Schott is one of the best "real" leather jacket companies out there. The quality is simply outstanding; the kind of jacket that will never give up. Compare one of their jackets to something from Wilson's Leather or even Coach and you'll be rather surprised.

You'll find there are a lot of variations of "real" leather. Schott is one of the best "real" leather jacket companies out there. The quality is simply outstanding; the kind of jacket that will never give up. Compare one of their jackets to something from Wilson's Leather or even Coach and you'll be rather surprised.
Good deal thank you.

About to start residency?

A bottle of No Doz and a giant manure shovel.
That's hilarious! I've only heard the rumors... it sure sounds, great...

Littman has nice stethoscopes that can be personalized with her name
I actually think the stethoscope may be a better gift idea, now that you pointed it out, anybody know if you can use a home bought stethoscope in an office?

I actually think the stethoscope may be a better gift idea, now that you pointed it out, anybody know if you can use a home bought stethoscope in an office?
Absolutely she could. Does she not already have one though? They also sell handy holders which allow for it to be carried on a waistband rather than around the neck.

All the medical people in the air ambulance carry their own stethoscopes.

It is common for students to buy a "student" stethoscope, but a good, high quality scope delivers much better sounds. Check to see what she currently has, and even if she has a good one, my wife had three. I believe that most docs provide their own because they don't want to stick someone else's ear piece in their ear.

You can buy about 10 or more good stethoscopes for the price of a microscope and unless she is opening her own office right away, there should already be a good scope for her use.

Absolutely she could. Does she not already have one though? They also sell handy holders which allow for it to be carried on a waistband rather than around the neck.
Yeah, but its basic as can be, this would be a nice gesture.

Get her some of those remote controlled vibrating panties. Will help to keep her awake during her schooling/residency

Buy her a whole boatload of pens so she's prepared in residency when the attendings borrow hers and walk away with it.

Get her some of those remote controlled vibrating panties. Will help to keep her awake during her schooling/residency

Get her something "more personal" Jim, like what Acro suggests. She'll love them! :D

My brother is a surgical resident
His christmas gift: Bose portable speakers. He wants them for the OR
He says the best things he has are: backup battery that can charge his iPhone up to 4x and a good iPad cover

Back