What to do with $500MM Powerball?

txflyer

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Fly it like you STOL it ♦
WoW! Powerball is up to $900MM. That means some lucky sod could win about $500MM after taxes.

What would you buy? :happydance:

Time, good health. Oh wait you can't buy those things, and I already have some. So I'd just fly ever more dangerous stuff till the odds caught up with me or I got bored and moved on to art collecting.

There would definitely be a nice plane in the mix.

Socks. Not Sac socks, but I'd finally get rid of all those white socks where my big toe is sticking thru. And yes, I do have a couple pairs of those.

WoW! Powerball is up to $900MM. That means some lucky sod could win about $500MM after taxes.

Actually, assuming you take a lump sum payment, after tax net would be around $350Million. But I could live on that.

I'll let you know tomorrow how it feels!

Pre '86 registered NFA items and lots of ammo for fun. Shoot them until bored with it and then watch them continue up in value. You gotta love a market with only 160,000 or so legal to own items. Supply and demand.

(Interestingly only one crime was ever committed with a registered NFA item, and the criminal was a cop.)

And probably a panel re-do for the Cessna. ;)

Actually, assuming you take a lump sum payment, after tax net would be around $350Million. But I could live on that.

I'll let you know tomorrow how it feels!

Fat chance John.......

I HAVE the winning ticket....;)

Pay off everything, sell current vehicles and replace them with newer same make and model (they are both over 10 years old now), buy one or two aircraft and invest the rest. Fix up house, sell and build one with a grass strip and a hanger in the back yard. Guess I am boing.

If the lottery was to choose someone to be sacrificing to the gods, everyone would be saying "it will never be me the odds are too high"... but make it money and everyone is dreaming of what they're going to do with the cash. :yesnod:

Unless you live in certain states, you have to. :mad2: I wouldn't want to tell anybody either. I think you can set up a trust or LLC to sidestep that and avoid all the vultures.

Two words...Blind Trust. Can be kept anonymous even in disclosure states but it has to be expertly set up and rock solid.

But with $350M coming I am sure you can accomplish this.

...not that I have researched this or anything.

If I win I'm not tellin Eren either.

I wouldn't tell a soul

I'd create an exit plan so every freeloader, huckster, and gawker in the world couldn't find me. That probably involves relocating, changing my mailing address, and doing a few more things to cover my tracks so I can't be easily stalked. Then, stepping forward to collect the money. Friends and family would have plenty of notification and all of the new contact info.

It might be worthwhile to talk to an ex-FBI type about how they do the witness relocation program. Not that I'd need/want something that extreme, but it would be good to eliminate about 99% of the drive-by gawkers.

I'd be so immersed in boobs I don't know how anyone could possibly find me.

I'd create an exit plan so every freeloader, huckster, and gawker in the world couldn't find me. That probably involves relocating, changing my mailing address, and doing a few more things to cover my tracks so I can't be easily stalked. Then, stepping forward to collect the money. Friends and family would have plenty of notification and all of the new contact info.

It might be worthwhile to talk to an ex-FBI type about how they do the witness relocation program. Not that I'd need/want something that extreme, but it would be good to eliminate about 99% of the drive-by gawkers.

I would do just the opposite.....

I would welcome the " vultures"

Just set up a office with some people who do nothing but answer beggers. Contact them back and say.. " I will share my lottery winnings with you"

Then send them a check for ONE cent....

By then, those suckers would have overextended their lives, spending money they DON'T have......:mad2::mad2::mad2:..

Idiots...:D

By then, those suckers would have overextended their lives, spending money they DON'T have......:mad2::mad2::mad2:..

Idiots...:D

That would describe a substantial portion of the US population, even without being misled about newfound wealth.

not much. but there would be lots of charitable contributions.

Well, nobody hit it last night and how the estimate for the next drawing is $1.3 billion (with a B). I'm already retired, so quitting the job isn't on the list. We'll have to see. Given the odds of winning, I'm not holding my breath.

I just read that the playboy mansion is going up for a cool $200M next month if you need something to spend it on. Problem is it comes with an 89 yo tenant in his jammies.

Buy a timebuilding taildragger, work up to a T-6, and then a Corsair. Plus an A-26. And a Supercub on floats or a Sea Rey.

I could not think of spending more than about $20 mln out of this amount, I would be very busy trying to figure out which charities/causes I should give the rest of this money to, in other words I would have a serious headache that currently doesn't exist ...:hairraise:

I could not think of spending more than about $20 mln out of this amount, I would be very busy trying to figure out which charities/causes I should give the rest of this money to, in other words I would have a serious headache that currently doesn't exist ...:hairraise:

Terrible fate. Hire a cook and a masseuse and hang out in your bathrobe with excel up on the screen for a few hours with plenty of breaks for nutritious fresh made snacks and Swedish massage whenever things get too difficult. Hahaha.

Back