What Tittle??

rundogdave

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Dave
Relatively new owner here. Purchased in February. Completing the FAA's Aircraft Registration Application. At the bottom I sign, date, and print my name. Last box is asking for title. What title are they referring too? Mr./Mrs., owner/operator, Duke of Aviation, or...?
Thanks in advance.

How did you fill out the bill of sale? The application for registration needs to match.

Seems like you're a bit behind on the registration if you bought in February.

If you own the airplane individually in you own name, it's "Owner."
If a corporation or LLC owns it, your formal title within the company.

the FAA has instructions for the form. https://www.faa.gov/licenses_certificates/aircraft_certification/aircraft_registry/media/REGAR-93.pdf

D
on't get it wrong. They will return it for you to correct. Unless they have removed the COVID restrictions, between staffing and quarantining incoming mail a lot of extra time has been added to the process. They are currently processing applications received 2 months ago. So, what you send in today will be looked at in July. If it's wrong, it will be returned a week or two later for you to start the 2 month process over.

I sent in my registration change for the S6S in February. It is in an LLC, I listed my title as "manager". It got returned, the letter stated I needed put "member" as title. But, I got a 120 day extension on the application. FAA sent me a temporary registration, and said to keep it and a copy of the application in the airplane and I could continue to fly the airplane.

I sent in my registration change for the S6S in February. It is in an LLC, I listed my title as "manager". It got returned, the letter stated I needed put "member" as title. But, I got a 120 day extension on the application. FAA sent me a temporary registration, and said to keep it and a copy of the application in the airplane and I could continue to fly the airplane.
I've used "Manager" with no problem. Of course, in those cases, is was consistent with the other required documents submitted.

I definitely read this topic as something entirely differently when I clicked, and now am completely disappointed.
I though we were reliving the Captain Tuttle episode from M*A*S*H

I have owned tons of planes. I put owner.
Done forget to print name above signature or it will come back in 14 weeks. LOL

I have owned tons of planes. I put owner.
Done forget to print name above signature or it will come back in 14 weeks. LOL
That works really well since that's what the FAA's instructions for single human owners say to do.

And, yes, for the uninitiated there can be a revolving door. I dealt with two this past year that had been returned multiple times due to the inability to meet what the FAA needed before they came to me. Those were Bill of Sale rather than Application for Registration problems, but those can be worse because you can't fix them by yourself and the seller may no longer be interested in helping.

Back