What is this plane?

SixPapaCharlie

May the force be with you
Display Name

Display name:
Sixer
When I was departing air venture this high wing, tail wheel, single boom, double rudder plane with what appear to be grocery store style glass doors on the rear was in front of me.

If it were me, I would have gone for the revolving door because I find him to be more efficient but this was intriguing anyway.

20210729_092827.jpg

Interesting… Alaska Fish and Wildlife Service ended up with 11 of the 12 built.
8985L.jpg
https://1000aircraftphotos.com/Contributions/GauthierDavidJ/8985L.jpg

I dunno but there's a hunter running across the taxiway. good thing he was wearing his hunter orange vest so people could see him

When I was departing air venture this high wing, tail wheel, single boom, double rudder plane with what appear to be grocery store style glass doors on the rear was in front of me.

If it were me, I would have gone for the revolving door because I find him to be more efficient but this was intriguing anyway.

View attachment 98892
There is only one of these things in the entire world. You was the one who ended up right behind it. That’s an omen dude. Go buy a Lottery Ticket before the ju ju wears off

There is only one of these things in the entire world. You was the one who ended up right behind it. That’s an omen dude. Go buy a Lottery Ticket before the ju ju wears off

People always say buy a lottery ticket after things like this. But what are the chances of ending up behind a 1-of-a-kind plane (or some other low odds event) AND winning the lotto? I say the best time to buy a lottery ticket is when nothing out of the ordinary happens.

People always say buy a lottery ticket after things like this. But what are the chances of ending up behind a 1-of-a-kind plane (or some other low odds event) AND winning the lotto? I say the best time to buy a lottery ticket is when nothing out of the ordinary happens.
I buy Lottery Tickets based on the sausage and melon Futures quotes. When the ratio is just right, I buy.

I buy Lottery Tickets based on the sausage and melon Futures quotes. When the ratio is just right, I buy.

I don't buy sausages. I may rent melons from time to time.

It looks like a C150 with one massive poop chute.

Neat thing about the YL-15's, is that they were designed to be folded up and rolled into the bed of a 2.5 ton truck and moved with the forward operating base as it moved.

Neat thing about the YL-15's, is that they were designed to be folded up and rolled into the bed of a 2.5 ton truck and moved with the forward operating base as it moved.

It probably covered more miles on the ground than it did in the air.

Back