What is the name of this Airplane

FloridaPilot

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
FloridaStudentPilot
I was eating lunch today and I noticed this plane. It's a single engine plane but it's beautiful does anybody know the name of it?

20140805_132413.jpg

20140805_132446.jpg

As always thanks for your input!

$4.6 million for the newest PC-12NG edition. I got to drool on one at Oshkosh last week.:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Can't remember the last airport I've been to where I haven't seen one of those, seems like every airport has a PC12 fly-in these days.

That is a beautiful plane but for 4.6 Mil I would buy a different one.

A few years ago we went to one of the Cub Crafter's open house days. They hosted it at a small private grass strip just southeast of Yakima where they were giving demo rides in the new Sport Cubs and the owners of Oregon Aero were there with their PC-12. There ensued a sort of impromptu spot landing contest and they were landing the PC-12 in the same or shorter distances than the Cubs and that was with an onboard bathroom and carrying their golf cart in the back.

Of course they did have beta thrust which might be considered "cheating" :D

It's a turboprop. If you can afford to run a turbine, you can afford a $4 million airplane.

Not necessarily. I can't imagine a PC12 being more expensive to run than a 30 year old King Air or a Conquest, yet they are a lot cheaper to buy.

Awesome!

Now I just need my complex and turbine rating. Did I miss anything. I could fly it VFR so I don't need IFR rating

Where is my check book. I want one.

There isn't really such a thing as a turbine rating. You'd need your complex, high performance, and high altitude. Insurance might want some turbine time too.

You could fly it VFR, however it wouldn't be very efficient at low altitudes and you'd need an IFR to go up high. For example on the King Air I get around 400pph around 3K and 285pph at 25K (per side obvious), expect the PC12 to have a similar ratio.

Last edited:
...or as we refer to it...the Pilatypus.

What airplane would you buy for $4.6MM?
I talked to a friend of mine last week that has a new PC-12.:yes: He's got plenty of money and can buy whatever he wants, he's owned a newer Baron, a King Air 90 (I think) and a couple smaller airplane so paver the years. This is his second PC-12, he bought his first one used, kept it for 3-4 years and sold it for more than he paid for it. Bought a new one last year and he loves it! The word he uses to describe it is "efficient", good speed, big payload and low fuel burn. :D
He said he asked the dealer he bought it from what it's worth, and he told him he could get his money back right now and he had a willing buyer! :D

I'd buy a Cessna Skymaster and fly the bastard around the world and put up the biggest fan page ever. :D

I like your thinking but that is crazy if you are going to fly a Cessna Skymaster around the world....At least get a Mooney.

Except a PC12 is cheaper than a King Air 250, not even talking about a 350. And a Citation will cost you A LOT more to operate.

If I had 4.6 mm to spend on just an airplane why would I have to worry about operating costs? If I didn't have a budget for operating costs I wouldn't buy a 4.6 MM airplane, I would get something for 1 MM and save the rest!

If I had 4.6 mm to spend on just an airplane why would I have to worry about operating costs? If I didn't have a budget for operating costs I wouldn't buy a 4.6 MM airplane, I would get something for 1 MM and save the rest!

Citation X and and PC-12 are not in the same price category, I don't see how your comparing the two. Maybe you can buy an old citation, maybe a CJ2 for the same price as a new PC-12. But then maintenance & fuel will cost a lot more.
Your saying that with that kind of money you can get better planes...not really.

I talked to a friend of mine last week that has a new PC-12.:yes: He's got plenty of money and can buy whatever he wants, he's owned a newer Baron, a King Air 90 (I think) and a couple smaller airplane so paver the years. This is his second PC-12, he bought his first one used, kept it for 3-4 years and sold it for more than he paid for it. Bought a new one last year and he loves it! The word he uses to describe it is "efficient", good speed, big payload and low fuel burn. :D
He said he asked the dealer he bought it from what it's worth, and he told him he could get his money back right now and he had a willing buyer! :D

Where's Wayne to provide the point about his experience with folks going from one engine to two?
Seriously though, interesting if your friend did go from a King Air to a PC12.

Where's Wayne to provide the point about his experience with folks going from one engine to two?
Seriously though, interesting if your friend did go from a King Air to a PC12.

I wouldn't mind switching to a PC12. It's basically the same King Air with a single engine. Considering the reliability of a PT6, a second engine in my opinion isn't really needed.

Citation X and and PC-12 are not in the same price category, I don't see how your comparing the two. Maybe you can buy an old citation, maybe a CJ2 for the same price as a new PC-12. But then maintenance & fuel will cost a lot more.
Your saying that with that kind of money you can get better planes...not really.

I did specify that it depends on the mission. If I wanted to get someplace fast, I wouldn't do a PC-12 but I would buy a turbine plane. Turbines get you to where you want to go FAST!! if range and speed was the mission. For 4.6 MM I would get a King Air which are amazing airplanes too.

If I'm going to buy a plane for 4.6 MM money is not much of a problem!

I did specify that it depends on the mission. If I wanted to get someplace fast, I wouldn't do a PC-12 but I would buy a turbine plane. Turbines get you to where you want to go FAST!! if range and speed was the mission. For 4.6 MM I would get a King Air which are amazing airplanes too.

If I'm going to buy a plane for 4.6 MM money is not much of a problem!

Umm....PC-12 has a turbine....

Money is always a problem. If money isn't a problem then why are people buying PC-12s? Shouldn't they all be buying Gulfstreams and Globals?

There isn't really such a thing as a turbine rating. You'd need your complex, high performance, and high altitude. Insurance might want some turbine time too.

You could fly it VFR, however it wouldn't be very efficient at low altitudes and you'd need an IFR to go up high. For example on the King Air I get around 400pph around 3K and 285pph at 25K (per side obvious), expect the PC12 to have a similar ratio.

I thought there was turbine rating. Thanks

I thought there was turbine rating. Thanks

Logically there should be. But because FAA makes the rules, if you can fly a pressurized Cessna 210, then you can fly a PC-12. :mad2:

Umm....PC-12 has a turbine....

Money is always a problem. If money isn't a problem then why are people buying PC-12s? Shouldn't they all be buying Gulfstreams and Globals?

No, because everyone has different desires. Not everyone has a taste for Gulfstreams and Globals. Some people buy what they need and that is it. Like buying a car: Some people will buy an old beat up Chevy, it doesn't mean that money is a problem, it just means that a Ferrari is not important to them.

Logically there should be. But because FAA makes the rules, if you can fly a pressurized Cessna 210, then you can fly a PC-12. :mad2:

And if you can fly a 1960 Apache, you can fly a 2014 King Air 250!! :yikes:
What's legal isn't always smart! :yes:

For the money, I'd go for the TBM 900 over the Pilatus. Probably would never need all the space the Pilatus has and I'd rather have the extra knots at a cheaper price.

I'd go for the TBM900 since I already fly the TB9. They're pretty much the same.

Back