what information is this telling me

SixPapaCharlie

May the force be with you
Display Name

Display name:
Sixer
attachment.php

It's telling you to pull the red handle.

Pretty sure it's altitude-related, but from memory I could not tell you for sure what each color/number represents.

The Avidyne manual should spell it out.

Terrain.

Can you pan the display? If so, shift it over towards KAMA and see if the color bars change to show the increased elevation.

Pretty sure it's altitude-related, but from memory I could not tell you for sure what each color/number represents.

The Avidyne manual should spell it out.

It sure looks like 0, 1000 and 2500.

In that airplane, it sure as heck isn't 25000.

It looks like the bit*hiness status of your built-in Siri.
If it turns red, don't argue, pull the red handle and get out before she tries to kill you! :eek:
I think the 025 stands for 2.5 hours till PMS. You better put the plane in the hangar for a week. Come back later and she'll be oh-so-sweet again. ;)

Why in the heck are you in Mississippi?

It's telling you the voices in your head are right. :hairraise:

Your Cirrus doesn't have an alarm?? Wow. You got gypped, man. Get a real one. :D

No alarm is by design, they didn't want to startle the pilot awake in case they reached for the red handle.

Its placarded at 10 o'clock. Its the 'DOOMS' meter. When you reach 025, youre DOOMS-ed

Terrain scale. See page 11 for display and page 13 for description.

http://www.avidyne.com/files/downloads/600-00108-000.pdf

Since I bothered downloading it:

5) Terrain Scale—Shows highest and lowest limits of terrain in displayed area. Legend colors in between these numerics represent terrain elevations. Blue obstacle clearance number shows the top of the highest obstacle, when greater than the highest displayed terrain. Terrain data is not displayed when your aircraft’s latitude is greater than 75 degrees (north or south).

Last edited:
Back