What I'm drinking tonight.

It's only 4:15 pm on a Monday in Charlotte, so I will guess you are travelling abroad?

On a cruise?

The text staying "Reykjavik" on the wall is a good clue :)
I recognized the beer immediately :p

I believe that is feigned shock on the face of that woman. Whatever you proposed, I think you've got a chance!

Looks like she's the bartender, and has moved as far as possible from the annoying customer who is taking pictures...wonder who that would be, hmmm.

EDIT, had to make changes

Last edited:
Yeah she's the bartender and she was reacting to some idiot getting overly excited at a soccer game on TV. I think the local team had just scored.

Yeah she's the bartender and she was reacting to some idiot getting overly excited at a soccer game on TV. I think the local team had just scored.
!

Yeah rightttttttttt 'Dog! You putting a move on weren't cha?

92ea6bf2c71a5d12556bf8d6f8b6f035eb9f36a4766241c00ee39c97d67fcbce.jpg

Lol. If I had put a move on her then that look on her face would have been due to the wife ripping my head off as she was sitting next to me.

I still want my cookie! (where on the wall, I doan see it)

Just send Mark your address. He's the one who made the offer of a cookie. Me, I bought a Viking beer for you but when you didn't show up within the two minute window of opportunity to claim your prize, I had to dispose of it in the only allowable manner. :)

Yeah, it's been in the 40s pretty much the entire time the last three days.

Duluth, yeah it does get cold there.

Is it like Alaska where there is a beautiful woman behind every tree....???

I lol'd.

It's not that we're too stupid to go metric. No.

We're so smart that we enjoy the challenge that using an inconsistent measurement system brings. We do it for fun. The rest of the world had to simplify it just to get through the day. We went to the moon on slugs, horsepower, feet, etc. Like a -boss-.

I lol'd.

It's not that we're too stupid to go metric. No.

We're so smart that we enjoy the challenge that using an inconsistent measurement system brings. We do it for fun. The rest of the world had to simplify it just to get through the day. We went to the moon on slugs, horsepower, feet, etc. Like a -boss-.
Our measurement system is quite consistent. What it isn't is subdivided by 10's, 100's, and 1,000's. A meter is not more consistent than a foot. A kilogram is no more consistent than a pound-mass. All of these units of measure are quite arbitrary.

Of course we don't have a dy'n centipede for an erg either....

Our measurement system is quite consistent. What it isn't is subdivided by 10's, 100's, and 1,000's. A meter is not more consistent than a foot. A kilogram is no more consistent than a pound-mass. All of these units of measure are quite arbitrary.

Of course we don't have a dy'n centipede for an erg either....

But, but, but. The English units taught us math out of necessity. It is easy to divide anything by ten while defining the 'foot' in twelfths and inches in 16ths 32nds or thousandths takes a bit of brainpower. America and Canada was surveyed using the English system yet the Canadians have adopted Metric. The Fahrenheit temperature scale is much easier to determine human comfort than is Celsius. Other than things designed for international trade I see no reason to switch.

From a mechanic's point of view I think the tool makers had a vested interest in selling more tools. :D

Back