What happens with glass cockpits if there's a cyber attack

Anything can be hidden anywhere and executed using something.:eek: It's mind boggling what we and others are capable of.
I would only worry about avionics using Microsoft software…like GMX200 IIRC.

The data sources may or may not be in the cloud, but navigation databases get downloaded to avionics every four weeks. For the Garmin equipment that I deal with, this occurs when I go out to the plane and insert an SD card, not via direct connection to the Internet.
What if you fly through the cloud where all the data is stored? Will it break and everything falls out?

What if you fly through the cloud where all the data is stored? Will it break and everything falls out?
If you fly through THAT cloud, you're flying too low! ;)

Hi folks. I've been designing a dream panel using hangarflying.com and after finishing it a thought came to my mind: What happens if there's a major cyber attack and all the screens turn blue mid flight? Not talking about a power blackout on your plane, but a software malfunction.

All the software that supports those screens seems to be hosted "in the cloud" so cyber attacks are always a possibility. Should we keep a steam gauge backup when upgrading panels? Even if you have redundant screens, they both seem to feed from the same sources: satellites, GPS, radars, etc.
cruz-garmin-115972476-5870-4044-9580-1832203cf243.png

4 different manufacturers and 4 different GPS antenna available along with 4 different software companies in my plane. What's the worry, again?

Not sure who is going to cyber attack 4 different software companies to crash all at the same time.

Back