what happens if you put a sandisk USB drive in washer?

WannFly

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Priyo
as long it has time to dry... nothing. ask me how I know it.

the contents (engine monitor data) is now squeaky clean :d:d

on a serious note.... I was surprised the wash cycle didn't ruin it. there.. you have the pirep. now go wash all your stinky USB drives

Yeah water doesn't normally kill electronics, short circuits do. That and corrosion/minerals potentially.

Never done it myself but I've known guys who wash standard keyboards in a dishwasher.

what happens if you put a sandisk USB drive in washer?

My first thought was that it probably gets clean.

Good knowledge to have in case I accidently wash my computer....:lol::lol:

Yeah water doesn't normally kill electronics, short circuits do. That and corrosion/minerals potentially.

Never done it myself but I've known guys who wash standard keyboards in a dishwasher.

Wow really? With dishwasher soap too? Interesting

Wow really? With dishwasher soap too? Interesting

They have to be the sealed switch kind. Anything with buckling spring (steel) or steel springs that aren’t fully enclosed will rust, even if you allow the keyboard to dry thoroughly.

And the whole craze to wash keyboards wasn’t a bad one. The stuff inside them is gross as hell.

Companies figured out that people were washing them and went ahead and created “dishwasher safe” keyboards... a much smarter solution. Most of them say “no soap”. Of course if you really have a mess to clean up, if they’re dishwasher safe, they’re also sink safe, so you can do a little mild dish soap there.

Frankly I just throw them out when they’re that nasty. New keyboard for the type I like is only about $24 online delivered to the front door.

We had a special room for returned company owned hardware at my former employer who had about 3000 people working from home. It was because they figured out how many computers came back into our office building with cockroaches in them. Not kidding. Others came back so full of food particles they were just placed directly in the electronics recycling dumpster outside. People are gross.

An even better use for dishwashers... people figured out that dishwashers did a better job on ball caps than any other method and you can get, so they make plastic snap on racks that will keep the shape of a baseball cap nicely for running it through the dishwasher now. Works very well on expensive fitted baseball caps that have gotten too dirty to wear.

An even better use for dishwashers... people figured out that dishwashers did a better job on ball caps than any other method and you can get, so they make plastic snap on racks that will keep the shape of a baseball cap nicely for running it through the dishwasher now. Works very well on expensive fitted baseball caps that have gotten too dirty to wear.

I once used the dish washer to wash my tools after working on my truck. I wiped off the grease and oil, then used the washer to finish up.

My wife wasn't really happy about that, but it did do a good job of cleaning..!!!

I once used the dish washer to wash my tools after working on my truck. I wiped off the grease and oil, then used the washer to finish up.

My wife wasn't really happy about that, but it did do a good job of cleaning..!!!

Be a little hard on the septic system here and probably not exactly kosher for a municipal sewer system, but yeah, I can see where it’d work.

You’d have to dry everything carefully and maybe even oil some stuff up to keep oxidation and rust from eating some things.

How long did you dry it?

I realized after full 2 days that it was missing when I was at my hanger. Traversing thru my memories I figured the last place my shirt saw was the washer. Came back home to find out it’s still in the washer after I took everything out

When using water soluble flux during the manufacturing of circuit boards the boards get washed at the end of the process to remove residue - basically in a fancy dishwasher (sometimes in a regular one too). As long as you aren't running any current through them when get submirsed they should be fine.

I had one of the first generation iPod Shuffles. I left it in my pants pocket and it went through the laundry. When I found it, I plugged it into the computer and the computer recognized it briefly then it quit. I tossed it in my desk drawer and forgot about it. some 6 months later I was cleaning out junk and found it. I plugged it into the computer and it worked. Once charged it worked just fine with the single exception: the volume controls never worked again.

When our house flooded from a broken supply line to the toilet tank, it sprayed water for two days, cut through the drywall, then cut through my office drywall and sprayed water directly into the back of my computer. It wouldn't boot for a while but after drying out and a thorough check by an electronics restoration company, it's been running fine ever since.

Thirty years ago, I made the mistake of going swimming with my Casio G-Shock on my wrist. Got full of water and died. My buddy said "I can fix it, and stuck it in the microwave at the 7-Eleven (along with my burrito). It came out dry, and alive, and ran for another 10 yrs without changing the battery! (Might have ran longer, but I lost it.)

You’d have to dry everything carefully and maybe even oil some stuff up to keep oxidation and rust from eating some things.

I live in the high desert. The only vehicle I own that has any rust on it spent its first 20 years in Florida. Tools are chrome plated or polished. I didn't put them in the dish washer totally grimey, I wiped off all the heavy stuff and the washer got all the little spots clean like inside the lettering.

We just replaced a perfectly good dish washer only because it has a dial instead of the little buttons and flashy lights. It just might end up in my barn...:lol::lol:

That's not the way to clean up the drive......

Thirty years ago, I made the mistake of going swimming with my Casio G-Shock on my wrist. Got full of water and died. My buddy said "I can fix it, and stuck it in the microwave at the 7-Eleven (along with my burrito). It came out dry, and alive, and ran for another 10 yrs without changing the battery! (Might have ran longer, but I lost it.)

Beef or bean?

Isn't data laundering illegal??
Money.

Although I do know folks that have washed money in a washing machine before, lots of it. (Lots, but still far less that the reportable limit for cash ddposits/withdrawals)

Money.

Although I do know folks that have washed money in a washing machine before, lots of it. (Lots, but still far less that the reportable limit for cash ddposits/withdrawals)

Does it count if there is a bitcoin wallet on it?

Back