What does LCL/P mean?

SixPapaCharlie

May the force be with you
Display Name

Display name:
Sixer
Look at RVS on air nav.
"119.2 used a LCL/P only when advertised on ATIS"

Local Pressure I would think. Use local altimeter setting only when avail on the ATIS broadcast.

Read the chart supplement remark. It will make sense then.

Only thing I can think of is use the frequency only when tower is in operation as advertised on ATIS. CTAF being 120.3...

A/FD shows:
COMM/NAV/WEATHER REMARKS: Tower frequency 119.2 used only when advertised on ATIS.

Cheers,
Brian

Only thing I can think of is use the frequency only when tower is in operation as advertised on ATIS. CTAF being 120.3...

A/FD shows:
COMM/NAV/WEATHER REMARKS: Tower frequency 119.2 used only when advertised on ATIS.

Cheers,
Brian
Yea, so, in that case, what does LCL/P represent, in English? These abbreviations are more trouble than they're worth most times.

The thing that brought this question on was I was going through that database that populates all these fancy apps we use and a lot of the frequencies are characterized by these code combinations. Behind the scenes in the database that simply means it's a tower frequency. That is what I've been able to derrive so far by going through the database and comparing to skyvector

LCL/P local control tower / primary
LCL/S local control tower / secondary
GND/P ground / primary
GND/S ground / secondary
CD/P clearance delivery / primary
Etc

At least that is how I understand it.

LCL/P local control tower / primary
LCL/S local control tower / secondary
GND/P ground / primary
GND/S ground / secondary
CD/P clearance delivery / primary
Etc

At least that is how I understand it.

Thank you. Those are the values that are in that database. And that is exactly how I am treating them. Thank you very much for confirming that

The thing that brought this question on was I was going through that database that populates all these fancy apps we use and a lot of the frequencies are characterized by these code combinations. Behind the scenes in the database that simply means it's a tower frequency. That is what I've been able to derrive so far by going through the database and comparing to skyvector

Sounds like 6PC might have something interesting in the works.

How did you get your hands on said databases?

At Essex County Airport where I used to work at (KCDW) according to AirNav, they used 119.8 as the tower frequency and it is shown as "LC/P" on the AirNav website. I assume LC/P means "local control" if I am not mistaken.

KRVS tower normally uses 120.3 but will split to 120.3 for the west runway and 119.2 for the east runway when there's a lot of student traffic in the pattern. When they're split it will be in the ATIS.

Back