What are these?

They look like a raise floor tiles....computer rooms use to have those back in the 70's.
They still do. Lots of offices do as well, usually carpeted. The office were building out in Charlotte is all raised floor. I don’t recall that I’ve ever seen a data center that wasn’t on raised floor.

Those are raised floor tiles.

These are the non-vented ones, for high-weight equipment to be placed on.

Used in most data-centers, except those that do all their cabling from the ceiling-down.

Yep, raised floor. Had them in the datacenter that was built for us in 2000. Ours were 2x2 I believe, metal on the bottom, some kind of semi-non stick plastic tile surface on top, and from the weight probably concrete in the middle. In the shape they're in, they have zero value, and I bet there's no cost effective way to scrap the steel out of them. Someone left them there to dump them rather than haul them off as construction debris, because they were either cheap or didn't know they didn't have any value. Or maybe thought they were going to pass them off to someone else using under carpet in a new install.

I’d suggest taking a Sawzall with a metal cutting blade to one and see if they’re filled with anything. None that I’ve ever seen have been anything but hollow steel. Trust me, I’ve pulled hundreds up to run cable over the years. They probably weigh in the neighborhood of 20# or so per. Good for scrap steel.

I’d suggest taking a Sawzall with a metal cutting blade to one and see if they’re filled with anything. None that I’ve ever seen have been anything but hollow steel. Trust me, I’ve pulled hundreds up to run cable over the years. They probably weigh in the neighborhood of 20# or so per. Good for scrap steel.

I think I know the deal now...these sure look like the same product...
https://www.tateinc.com/en-us/products/access-floors/concore-panels/concore-1000

You should have a tool called a floor sucker to lift these tiles (a glass suction cup will work as well). For the carpeted ones we had a device with claws that dug into the nap. We called them "cat grabbers."

Back