What are these?

Kelvin

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
KTD
I was looking at a piece of property today and came across about 100 pallets of these.

Any ideas what they are?

<EDIT> added a picture of the back of the panel...

Attachments

• Pallets.jpg
    Pallets.jpg
    258.7 KB · Views: 252
  • 20221007_144433.jpg
    20221007_144433.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
eh I'm sticking with thingamajiggies until proven wrong.

Portable temporary coffins to be used when lots of folks die in a very short time.

(ok, I really don't know...)

Spent dilithium crystals. Stay away. Way away.

Kind of look like industrial panels that you'd see on large commercial HVAC installations.

Another guess is some sort of portable building that those drop into a metal frame.

Kind of look like industrial panels that you'd see on large commercial HVAC installations.

Another guess is some sort of portable building that those drop into a metal frame.

I thought along the line of both of these ideas...there was some attachment hardware that I didn't get a picture of...

Scrap metal.
I think you are correct. They are filled with something or are solid...

I wouldn't worry about what these are, I would worry about what's hidden in between them ;-)
LOL! Exactly!

It’s a kit plane. That’s all the skin panels for your very own DIY B-52!

Ok, I also have no idea what it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking data center floor panels but leaning more towards thingamajiggies. Metal ones.

Raised floor panels. They may have some foam or something for sound deadening, probably not for insulation. They're not just used in datacenters, a lot of offices are all on raised floor.

Raised floor panels. They may have some foam or something for sound deadening, probably not for insulation. They're not just used in datacenters, a lot of offices are all on raised floor.

This is the other side...does this change your opinion?

The property owner has NO idea what they are..they have been siting on the property since 2017...

Attachments

• 20221007_144433.jpg
    20221007_144433.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 55
Those my friend, are one of life's mysteries!

I remember my dad used to come across "deals" for stuff like this all the time..... loads of all sorts of unknown things.....
He's say, I could come up with something to make out of these. They'll be great.

Occasionally he would come up with some creative use for them. More often though they'd end up sitting in the way just like these are for years and he'd end up either selling to some other innovative person, or more likely selling them for scrap.

....never knowing what they were really intended to be.

They look like a raise floor tiles....computer rooms use to have those back in the 70's.

That's where I have been leaning...I'd suspect that there would be suspension/frame hardware nearby but there isn't any....who knows.

Those my friend, are one of life's mysteries!

I remember my dad used to come across "deals" for stuff like this all the time..... loads of all sorts of unknown things.....
He's say, I could come up with something to make out of these. They'll be great.

Occasionally he would come up with some creative use for them. More often though they'd end up sitting in the way just like these are for years and he'd end up either selling to some other innovative person, or more likely selling them for scrap.

....never knowing what they were really intended to be.

These are on a piece of industrial property I am considering buying...all I see is the cost of disposal...if they could be scrapped, that'd be great...that might put us in a position to actually dispose of them without writing a check...THAT would be fabulous!

cut one open and be sure there isn't asbestos inside. If not it's steel scrap.

Look for the rails and pylons....they sit inside a track.

molds for really large eggs?

snowcone maker?

This is the other side...does this change your opinion?

The property owner has NO idea what they are..they have been siting on the property since 2017...
No, that quite confirms my opinion. Those are absolutely raised floor tiles. No question whatsoever.

No, that quite confirms my opinion. Those are absolutely raised floor tiles. No question whatsoever.

Right on! Do you have any idea what material the 'underside' is made of?

Back