What are ForeFlight "aeronautical maps"

I have one of those, and I still print out plates and throw them in for the destination and alternate. Who knows when the ipad and foreflight are going to take a dump.
I don't bother. My backups are electronic. A number of independent systems, both certified and portable, would have to fail before I'd need to go to paper charts and, at that point, the paper would likely be far more useful for something other than flying an approach TpEmoticon2.png :biggrin:

I figure since my iPad and EFB have not taken a dump on me in the 7+ years (well, my Stratus did overhear once when I was stupid enough to leave it on the glareshield, but that's a non-event) I've used one, I take the risk.

Never been called an "old-timer" before, but I guess in this case it fits. :)

Hah - "ForeFlight old timer" then. Which with ForeFlight often means "last week".

Honestly I wouldn't have known about it if I didn't TRY to keep up on all their videos on YT. But I seem to learn stuff about it from other people all the time.

Like the time my DPE for my Commercial Multi ride said, "If you did a ForeFlight version of your flight plan, just send it to me."

I stared blankly for a minute. He took mercy on me...

"We're on the same Wifi network so hit the send button and my iPad and copy of ForeFlight will be one of the possible choices."

Wow. Ha. Too easy.

He looked it over and asked a few questions and seemed satisfied with the answers.

And my poor paper copy of the same route drawn with pencil with a flight log next to it, laid there on the table and felt obsolete. Ha.

Back