What’s the fastest plane partnership you’ve ever heard of?

455 Bravo Uniform

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
455 Bravo Uniform
Threads and videos about Vision Jets, TBMs, PC12s, etc got me wondering since I can’t afford sole ownership - what’s the fastest or most capable airplane that you’ve heard of in a partnership or club arrangement? I’m not talking about stuff like NetJets, just owner flown airplanes. Is this even realistic in something other than more mass accessible piston planes? (Insurance be damned).

I know a guy who was considering an offer of a partnership in a Piaggio P180 catfish.

Lots of jets are owned by multiple partners. Pretty common actually, since jets are expensive and need to be flown to make financial sense. And I'm not talking about "fractional ownership", I'm talking about 2-4 or so partners.

Now, you did mention "owner flown", the jet partnerships I know of are flown by contract pilots, so maybe that's not what you're looking for. However, I'm sure there are Citations and other single-pilot jets that are owned by more than one pilot.

Probably less common is pilot-partner ownership of two-crew airplanes (like Learjets), I would assume because if you have to hire a second pilot, it kind of destroys the spontaneity benefit of owning your own airplane.

Yeah, I’m looking for how realistic it would be for a partnership where I could co-own and fly one of these dream birds. I’m likely in too small of a town to find other willing partners, but figured I’d check and see how possible it was…so I can be even more disappointed if it is, lol!

you gotta find 1) people that want to do it, 2) people that can afford to do it, 3) people interested in the same plane, 4) the RIGHT people for the partnership, 5) an insurance company willing to insure a bunch of hooligans (I'm assuming you're a bunch of hooligans), 6) hopefully people who rarely fly the plane so you can do all the flying. 7) good luck!

Isn't that what NetJets is all about (quarter shares).

I’m sure there are some jet warbirds (some likely supersonic) that are owned by clubs, but I don’t have a specific answer.

If you are strictly talking about owner/pilots, it is my observation that once you reach a certain level of aircraft and financial means, you aren't as good at sharing an aircraft. Now I don't mean that in a derogatory sense at all. What I mean is if I invest $X million in an aircraft, I will want to use it when I want to use it. Availability becomes more important than cost. And also at a certain point, the capability of the aircraft means it is gone much more often, not just trips around the pattern or the occasional flight breakfast.

Now I have seen a two owner business aircraft before, two prominent local businessmen invested in an aircraft together. It didn't take long before they separated and each had their own. It wasn't a bad break-up, both just realized they needed the aircraft more than 50% of the time.

Lots of jets are owned by multiple partners. Pretty common actually, since jets are expensive and need to be flown to make financial sense. And I'm not talking about "fractional ownership", I'm talking about 2-4 or so partners.

Now, you did mention "owner flown", the jet partnerships I know of are flown by contract pilots, so maybe that's not what you're looking for. However, I'm sure there are Citations and other single-pilot jets that are owned by more than one pilot.

Probably less common is pilot-partner ownership of two-crew airplanes (like Learjets), I would assume because if you have to hire a second pilot, it kind of destroys the spontaneity benefit of owning your own airplane.
One doctor I see was in one of these. Several doctors owned a Lear 36 with crew (not sure if the crew was contract or direct hire).

The doc was telling me, they sold the Lear and now are just chartering Vision jets as needed.

Threads and videos about Vision Jets, TBMs, PC12s, etc got me wondering since I can’t afford sole ownership - what’s the fastest or most capable airplane that you’ve heard of in a partnership or club arrangement? I’m not talking about stuff like NetJets, just owner flown airplanes. Is this even realistic in something other than more mass accessible piston planes? (Insurance be damned).
I know of several co-ownerships with the Eclipse 500/550 jet, and one with a JetProp.

Back