Well...

They have a great location at Martin state airport in Baltimore, ( among several others) I understand rank is better as a pilot and don't forget thy have fixed wing or two. I'm from Jamestown, and used to keep a small airplane at mayville, on lake chautauqua, very familiar with kinnzu lake and Warren , pa. Kinnzu lake was always a landmark when I flew north from Baltimore in the mooney , landed sometimes on grass at little valley. a pal flew for them , never went on the road, direct to fort Bragg for helio training, then flew. He retired a major, and flew a Sikorsky 76 until he retired. They fly first class helicopters from about four different locations, some on the eastern shore. good luck whatever you decide!

I'm sure you may remember, the airline I interviewed at Republic started off as Chautauqua in Jamestown !

If they'll have me I'm pretty determined to give the airlines a go. My only aspirations as a helicopter pilot was to work in the Gulf of Mexico. The downturn in oil has put a big damper on that dream. I read somewhere the other day, don't quote me, they have parked 182 Oil and Gas helicopters ! That's a huge dent in the fleet and a lot of competition for jobs that wouldn't normally have much if any competition.

I'm sure you may remember, the airline I interviewed at Republic started off as Chautauqua in Jamestown !

If they'll have me I'm pretty determined to give the airlines a go.
They didn't tell you the results yet?

The Republic Interview was pretty much just like the gouge. After I connected into IND I met another candidate on the hotel shuttle. The airline put us in the Hyatt Place and the room was very nice and clean. We ended up talking to a former Republic pilot in the lobby who was now working for Delta Private. It was great to meet someone like that because sometimes when you ask around you end up talking to bitter employees that are mad their base closed or to the other extreme the guy that is just trying to recruit someone below him on the seniority list. He gave us some candid feedback I felt and had nothing negative to say. Its an airline and not too different from any other airline at the end of the day.

The interview started with getting all our PRIA paperwork reviewed after we had sat through a presentation and Q&A about the company. Then called in for individual inquiry. While they looked through my logbook I took a 20 question 10 minute written test on an Ipad. I feel I should have done better on the written but not actually knowing how I actually did that is just a guess. Then it was a real quick oral where I deciphered a METAR and then a TAF. Then I was asked if I needed an alternate with that weather. Then asked what the alternate rule was. After that I answered what the speed limits were and followed that by briefing an approach plate. Simple, easy and direct - no stump the dummy crap.

So now I'm sitting on my hands until Monday until they let me know anything - standard procedure I'm told(reviewing PRIA paperwork for I's dotted and T's crossed). I'm not sure what to think about my interview, it seemed like I was in/out a lot faster than all the others.

Over all if I'm offered the position, I'm 99% sure I will take it and cancel the rest of my interviews (Skywest, Endeavor, PSA). I really like their bases, payscale, equipment and benefits. Fully vested 401k from day one. Blue cross blue shield, vision and dental coverage. Travel privelages on all three majors unlike other carriers - for example if you fly the CRJ at Skywest you only get Delta benefits and if you fly the ERJ you only get United. I also got to hear the real deal behind their bankruptcy and what the future plans are. I think and hope, especially if I'm hired, that they are poised for a lot of growth.

They let you choose your base?

Yes and no. If you hold the seniority in your class, via date of birth, you will get first choice of open bases. From there, you can bid via seniority for any base you want and once you have enough seniority its a done deal. It just so happens that I would like PIT as a base and it is junior at the moment. All told, all of their bases except for Miami are able to be held in 6 months time(probably less in reality but they didn't want to set a possible unrealistic expectation) as it stands at the moment in time they answered the question (everyone in the next class could want the same base for example and clog up the works for a bit). Miami can be held within a year, I'm guessing all the Caribbean flying is wanted because the per diem rate is doubled for out of country trips.

I'm back home from the last crop dusting rotation of the season. It was quite interesting learning about crop dusting but I'm pretty sure I don't want to fly a helicopter under those conditions.

Anyhow, to the topic at hand - I hadn't heard a word from Republic and the people I kept in contact with that interviewed with me hadn't either... except one, a Navy guy who doesn't even get out of active duty until January next year got an offer letter almost immediately. I also talked to one guy that didn't hear anything for five weeks then out of nowhere got an offer letter in the mail. Usually there is a verbal notice(?) so I'm told. All I can say is the good impression they gave me is wearing off.

In any event I have another interview scheduled with Skywest next week (no referral here if anyone wants to). I'm in the process of filling out an application for PSA and I've been referred for that by a friend, supposedly that moves you up the pile. I should probably update my 6 month old app with Endeavor but I really have no desire to go to NYC(current junior base)... ugh....

I went to a career fair in Miami yesterday where I had made arrangements to interview with Skywest and Endeavor.

I spent a little over an hour with the Skywest Captain interviewing me. They take the time to try and get to know you as a person as well as poke around at your depth of knowledge. I was extended an informal job offer, they can't give official job offers at job fairs because it must come from HQ. Overall I liked the tone of the interviewer and staff at the job fair. Of course, Skywest has a really good reputation and I see why - so yes I guess I drank the kool-aid ! haha

After that I went to meet with Endeavor and they were unable to interview due to not having an HR staff member present. I had prearranged to interview with a recruiter on the phone. They did offer to pay for my hotel in Minneapolis to make up for it if I go to HQ to interview. Seemed like really good people, both of the Captains there had passed their respective Delta Guaranteed Interview and were moving on to Delta in the next couple of months. Really tried to sell me on Delta and if I got hired at Endeavor that would be my golden ticket.

I also went to talk to the PSA recruiters. I have an interview with them on Tuesday. I was hoping to knock it out while I was there but they couldn't interview either due to lack of HR staff. No big deal really but I think its pretty silly to not be able to interview at a career fair in this day and age. All the information I was given at the career fair I am easily able to find online. If Regionals are having as much trouble staffing as they say they are they might want to load their shotgun before going on a hunt. Anyhow....

I feel like I did equally as well on my interview with Republic as I did with Skywest, not really sure why I never heard anything at all from Republic. At the end of the day however the Republic interview was wham bam thank you ma'am, whereas like I said the Skywest interview they really take their time with you. So overall the Skywest kool aid tastes pretty good and I think that will be my final choice.

I went to a career fair in Miami yesterday where I had made arrangements to interview with Skywest and Endeavor.

I spent a little over an hour with the Skywest Captain interviewing me. They take the time to try and get to know you as a person as well as poke around at your depth of knowledge. I was extended an informal job offer, they can't give official job offers at job fairs because it must come from HQ. Overall I liked the tone of the interviewer and staff at the job fair. Of course, Skywest has a really good reputation and I see why - so yes I guess I drank the kool-aid ! haha

After that I went to meet with Endeavor and they were unable to interview due to not having an HR staff member present. I had prearranged to interview with a recruiter on the phone. They did offer to pay for my hotel in Minneapolis to make up for it if I go to HQ to interview. Seemed like really good people, both of the Captains there had passed their respective Delta Guaranteed Interview and were moving on to Delta in the next couple of months. Really tried to sell me on Delta and if I got hired at Endeavor that would be my golden ticket.

I also went to talk to the PSA recruiters. I have an interview with them on Tuesday. I was hoping to knock it out while I was there but they couldn't interview either due to lack of HR staff. No big deal really but I think its pretty silly to not be able to interview at a career fair in this day and age. All the information I was given at the career fair I am easily able to find online. If Regionals are having as much trouble staffing as they say they are they might want to load their shotgun before going on a hunt. Anyhow....

I feel like I did equally as well on my interview with Republic as I did with Skywest, not really sure why I never heard anything at all from Republic. At the end of the day however the Republic interview was wham bam thank you ma'am, whereas like I said the Skywest interview they really take their time with you. So overall the Skywest kool aid tastes pretty good and I think that will be my final choice.
What's your total FW time? When I interviewed, there was a rotor guy with thousands of turbine time but only like 500 FW time and he told me he got rejected at republic. He ended up getting the job at endeavor.

What's your total FW time? When I interviewed, there was a rotor guy with thousands of turbine time but only like 500 FW time and he told me he got rejected at republic. He ended up getting the job at endeavor.
Total fixed wing is around 300 hours.

I don't have any issue with them not choosing me, they just never said anything at all. After they said they would let everyone in the interview class know within a week. :shrug: No biggie, just liked their base options more than anything.

Total fixed wing is around 300 hours.

I don't have any issue with them not choosing me, they just never said anything at all. After they said they would let everyone in the interview class know within a week. :shrug: No biggie, just liked their base options more than anything.
Yea I would try to reach out them and ask what's going on. Good luck man.

Back