Well.......

That's why he needs to wait until he has his MEI so he can put it to work earning. American Flyers uses 310s to good success, the IO-470D are solid engines.

Having a fleet of 310s versus being able to actually fly a fleet of 310s is an entirely different thing. I could have all kinds of airplanes if I never flew them.

Correct. If he bought a 310 of similar quality, he'd be spending as much if not more.

Beautiful plane, David. Congrats.

Next time in central Texas I'll try to swing by your area and meet you.

Congratulations ! Looks like a sweet plane.

The good news is that girls who are pilots tend to think more like boys who are pilots, at least insofar as airplanes are concerned. So if you can tolerate sharing the flying with someone else, one of those will probably be easier to trap.

I'd like to find a girl who is a pilot, unfortunately they are few and far between.

Ask Ted if the one he conned into marrying him has any sisters. He hit a home run.

I'd like to find a girl who is a pilot, unfortunately they are few and far between.

Girls draw the line different than boys. Girls think it needs to at least be of sufficient size to have an air-stair door. And they also like those in the price range of the market I work, where $100k is the amount of the escrow deposit needed to initiate the contract negotiations.

The good news is that girls who are pilots tend to think more like boys who are pilots, at least insofar as airplanes are concerned. So if you can tolerate sharing the flying with someone else, one of those will probably be easier to trap.

Karen has approved this message. "A jet would be FAB-u-lous..."

:)

There are more and more of us every day. I know since I've been around aviation the number has probably doubled or more of women flying. And flying professionally too. Although I think I see more females flying for a profession than flying for just fun. Some of us though have pilot significant others though, so you gotta find a single one. :yes:

PS. I got my ticket before he did by one day. :lol:

But I'm sure women in aviation have the same opinion as women in Alaska.

"the odds or good but...

...the goods are odd"

:goofy:

Or does that belong in the quote thread? :)

My profile picture speaks volumes about me. I'm definitely odd, but I wouldn't have it any other way!

Got any sisters?

lol no. Only child here. Thank goodness too, my parents couldn't handle TWO pilot kids! That would mean a 4 pilot (or former pilot) household. That's way more than any house needs. :lol:

lol no. Only child here. Thank goodness too, my parents couldn't handle TWO pilot kids! That would mean a 4 pilot (or former pilot) household. That's way more than any house needs. :lol:

I have a brother but his interests include xbox and xbox. Thankfully his habit is alot cheaper than mine.

Sounds like a trip to Embry-Riddle would be in order. You could join the crowds of guys (usually 10 or so) that follow the female pilots around. I'm joking, but sadly, it's not that uncommon to see that down there.

Sounds like a trip to Embry-Riddle would be in order. You could join the crowds of guys (usually 10 or so) that follow the female pilots around. I'm joking, but sadly, it's not that uncommon to see that down there.

What year did you graduate? I have a friend who graduated a couple years ago. I think it was 2010 - I thought he was joking when he told me that but it really is that bad.

Ask Ted if the one he conned into marrying him has any sisters. He hit a home run.

No sisters, and we've refused requests for her DNA to produce clones.

The PoA dating service worked great for me. That and being a good con man. :yes: ;)

The woman who is looking to hitch a ride, Taylor, on the other thread here might be cute or know other nice girl hitch hikers.....

Just sayin

David, you should attend the best matching service on the planet. It's called University.

Texas state in San Marcos

No doubt lots of lovely co-eds. If you want to meet really quality females major in a biological discipline. Most are half female, and the students have to be fairly intelligent to keep up.

Just out of curiosity, why not the UT? I hear nothing but good things about it.

No doubt lots of lovely co-eds. If you want to meet really quality females major in a biological discipline. Most are half female, and the students have to be fairly intelligent to keep up.

Just out of curiosity, why not the UT? I hear nothing but good things about it.

Because going to UT would involve living in Austin.

David, I have a good friend who just started this year in San macros. He's loving it!

I graduated from there in 1979......

Because going to UT would involve living in Austin.

I applied to work there, and have heard nothing but good things about it. Indeed, it was the only place in Texas I was at all anxious to live. Good music and lots of stuff to do. And of course, lots of young available female sorts.

At least, that's the version I get from colleagues and friends. Never having been there I certainly can't say anything from personal experience.

Austin is ok, but it's not what it used to be. You can live in San macros and drive up for entertainment thus avoiding the traffic on a daily basis. UT is huge, San macros is bigger than my time but still small enough to be "friendly"

One of the big things about Austin is that there isn't a GA airport within the city limits, there is one North (Austin Exec) and San Marcos is the closest to the south. Austin traffic pretty much guarantees an hour drive no matter where you go.

There are a lot of interesting points to Austin and plenty of things to do. Good food scene if you are into that at all. Traffic is a bit oppressive at times but you can get across town in 30 min if you time it right.

I fly out of Bergstrom. Also interesting but there is a definite time penalty both departing and arriving.

What year did you graduate? I have a friend who graduated a couple years ago. I think it was 2010 - I thought he was joking when he told me that but it really is that bad.

Fall 2010. Spent 5 semesters there, so I didn't spend as much as most people. As for the female to male ratio, when I was there, it was like 17:73. So yeah, there were quite the number of females who were, shall we say, always being followed by a number of suitors.

Along with the nubile females what course of study do you plan on pursuing, David?

David, you should be going to Arizona State if you really want the ladies. And there's 3 GA airports within 30 minutes :)

Naah... You don't want to find a girl who's a pilot - She'll want to share stick time! You want to find a girl who is a very enthusiastic passenger. :D

attachment.php

Attachments

• 405102_10151456742825105_313187785_n.jpg
    405102_10151456742825105_313187785_n.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 869
Back