Well.......

Climbing through a couple thin layers outside of Fargo

50DA09C6-37FB-43C7-B20F-CC53F7495BF9-662-0000003D48EF78E1.jpg

This was the view for about 300 miles.

21516952-750A-49C8-860F-F29E53743D2C-662-0000003D3C624B83.jpg

Groundspeed wasn't too shabby either.

56A439EA-13FC-49A9-BD2F-B1350B34DACF-662-0000003D329C2279.jpg

Good for you! Very nice aircraft and I'm sure you'll put it to good use.

Nice lookin plane..:yes:..

And the groundspeed ain't shabby either..:no:.. That's 4 miles a minute.
Be careful....

what do you mean? I've never been given any trouble about it.

Just a "head's up" on what is supposed to be filed. No big deal and no controller has ever called me on my "missed" TAS filings. Still, the form calls for TAS.

Foreflight will not file your groundspeed based on file and brief. It will file the true airspeed based on the airplane's profile you configured.

It *WILL* file the appropriate enroute time based on your ground speed.

Foreflight will not file your groundspeed based on file and brief. It will file the true airspeed based on the airplane's profile you configured.

It *WILL* file the appropriate enroute time based on your ground speed.

Well I have it set that my TAS is 155. It might be that flightaware does something to it.

I've only ever seen FF MES with ETE. Not airspeed.

FlightAware predicts arrival time for their app for folks picking people up/meeting people. So I bet it's them.

Is that the first time you have gone past 200 in GS in a plane you own?

Super cool photos and congrats to you on the purchase.

Is that the first time you have gone past 200 in GS in a plane you own?

Won't be long until he's no longer satisfied with 200kts GS and wants more.

Who wants the over on how long before he upgrades?

Depends on the person. I'm actually quite happy with 200 kts GS. If I'm truing out at 175+ I'm happy. I do want the 310 to true out a bit faster with the trips we do, though.

A year or so ago when they did the panel upgrade on the 172, I said he should buy a Mooney.

Now, I'm saying he should buy a Twinkie.

So, 1 year. Maybe 2. ;)

Timing will affect the outcome of the rain dance on this one.

Someone may hire him to fly something faster before he gets the itch. :)

Seems like about an even money bet to me.

Timing will affect the outcome of the rain dance on this one.

Someone may hire him to fly something faster before he gets the itch. :)

Seems like about an even money bet to me.

Quite possibly. The issue is that it's hard to get hired flying a twin (which is what constitutes most of bigger/faster/stronger) without twin time. I know for a fact I wouldn't have gotten paid to fly the planes I got paid to fly without twin time. In fact, part of why I got hired in one case was because the owner (also a pilot) had 1000 hours of 172 time and 10 hours of multi time.

But it is easy to get right seat in a regional, and that may be the best job option.

Beautiful Mooney! Congrats! A buddy of mine used to own a TLS. Man that thing would scoot!:wink2:

Enjoy!

He needs a twin when he gets his CFI/I-MEI tickets selling multi time building blocks with two guys up front paying him for it. Then he'll have a basic trainer, a complex trainer/ cross country rental, and a twin. He has a full service flight school for a college job. If he buys my 310 he'll have to beat the girls away with a stick, and there are advantages to that 3 wide bench in the back.;)

He needs a twin when he gets his CFI/I-MEI tickets selling multi time building blocks with two guys up front paying him for it. Then he'll have a basic trainer, a complex trainer/ cross country rental, and a twin. He has a full service flight school for a college job. If he buys my 310 he'll have to beat the girls away with a stick, and there are advantages to that 3 wide bench in the back.;)

I was assured that with the Mooney I would have to beat the girls away with a stick. So far, nothing.

There you go David. Show up here with a plane for a few days and give me a Muli rating and enough time for a MEI...

Pay for your fuel, build your own time, and spread awesomeness some more... :yes:

True 'nuff.

But I could have a fleet of 310s for what we paid for the Mooney.
Having a fleet of 310s versus being able to actually fly a fleet of 310s is an entirely different thing. I could have all kinds of airplanes if I never flew them.

Girls draw the line different than boys. Girls think it needs to at least be of sufficient size to have an air-stair door. And they also like those in the price range of the market I work, where $100k is the amount of the escrow deposit needed to initiate the contract negotiations.

The good news is that girls who are pilots tend to think more like boys who are pilots, at least insofar as airplanes are concerned. So if you can tolerate sharing the flying with someone else, one of those will probably be easier to trap.

I don't know what's cheap about spending $100,000 on an airplane.

Back