Well.......

Naah... You don't want to find a girl who's a pilot - She'll want to share stick time! You want to find a girl who is a very enthusiastic passenger. :D

attachment.php

That ain't fair... The guy has the Zulu's on and the poor girl is stuck was 20-3G's... :rolleyes:

That ain't fair... The guy has the Zulu's on and the poor girl is stuck was 20-3G's... :rolleyes:

I always give my wife the Zulus when we fly.

Nope, I'm just a gentleman. :)

I need to buy another Zulu! ;)

MY wife gets the Halos, like the angel she is!

she doesn't need a halo for us to know she's an angel. she is married to you after all :)

Naah... You don't want to find a girl who's a pilot - She'll want to share stick time! You want to find a girl who is a very enthusiastic passenger. :D

attachment.php

Wow... you married up. :) Not to worry, so did I. Had no choice, really. :)

Great plane. Looks good in the photo. I love the J models. I think they're one of the best all around mooneys. Of course I'm biased.

Congrats, Kent! But you didn't introduce me to her at AirVenture. You did seem to be in love with that Mooney, however. :goofy:

She was only up there for a day... Even though she's a teacher, she starts back up at work in early July - She's a middle school band director and has to start teaching incoming sixth graders how to play their instruments. :eek:

Won't be long until he's no longer satisfied with 200kts GS and wants more.

Who wants the over on how long before he upgrades?

tell me about it...you get to the point where 170 180 190 or even 200 kts isnt fast enough. it seems the more you fly a fast plane the slower it gets. i usually start swearing and getting desperate when i drop to 160 kts.:D:D:D

tell me about it...you get to the point where 170 180 190 or even 200 kts isnt fast enough. it seems the more you fly a fast plane the slower it gets. i usually start swearing and getting desperate when i drop to 160 kts.:D:D:D

Well...

Going from the 105-knot-ish 172/Archer world to the 135-knot-ish 182/Arrow/DA40 world was nice - A 28.6% increase in speed for a nearly equal, or even less, increase in money. Great for going on trips - Get there quicker (increasing the utility) while spending about the same money.

Going from the 135-knot-ish world to the 170-knot Mooney Ovation has been nice too - Still a 25.9% increase in speed. Dunno how much one of these would cost on a rental line or in a club, but I'm guessing the $/mile would still be roughly the same, although it might have reversed direction.

Getting into the 200-knot club, however, would be only a 17.6% increase in speed, for likely a fair bit more money - I don't know of any common normally aspirated birds that get 200 knots, so we're talking about the increased maintenance cost of a bird with a turbo.

Above 200 knots, the costs start to get really ugly. For another 25% increase to 250 knots, you're talking turbines. You can get pretty close with the Mooney Acclaim, but only 124 of those were sold by the end of 2009, and they probably didn't have many left over at that point. The Columbiessna 400 will get pretty close too.

At some point, you just run out of money and then you start going REALLY slow. :frown2:

I'm really in love with the Mooney. I don't think there is a faster airplane (or even some comparable ones) that I will be able to afford to fly when I go out on my own without my parents help. You can put 4 in it if you take less fuel.

That is what costs most pilots, "I didn't buy this plane to go slow." I'm different, I'm fine with 180kts, so I want a traveling plane that does 180kts in relative economy settings and fly it there.

That is what costs most pilots, "I didn't buy this plane to go slow." I'm different, I'm fine with 180kts, so I want a traveling plane that does 180kts in relative economy settings and fly it there.

the sr22t still gives you an economy of about 12nmpg at 80 percent power. not bad at all.

the sr22t still gives you an economy of about 12nmpg at 80 percent power. not bad at all.

Fuel economy isn't the issue, engine economy is. Most people running 80% are gonna top the engine before TBO.

For many years I bitched when groundspeed dropped below 400.

Flying is a serious addiction. Once you go fast you keep wanting more and more until you find yourself putting off your social life, job, relationship, etc for bigger machines and more speed. Then you are never satisfied and it gets to the point were you loose control and you end up death trying to do supersonic stunts. :D:D

I remember fondly the story your shared last I saw you.

You were pulling out your Skywagon for a run to Cedar Mills when you met some Jet Set friend and wife strolling down your hangar row. They accepted your invite to a breakfast flight and were wide eyed at how much more interesting aviation is at 140 KIAS and 3000 feet versus their prior experiences in biz jets. It was fun to hear you relate how the wife kept going on about seeing haystacks and cows.

Back