Well, I own an airplane!

tdager

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
LittleIronPilot
I went and did a pre-buy on a 1965 C182 yesterday. Other than a few minor squawks that they broker is taking care of, there were no major issues, so I made an offer.

Now to just finish up the financing/closing and get her home.

I am excited/nervous/quesy/happy all rolled into one!

More to follow but I am sitting in an airport in Wichita, KS waiting for the weather to clear in Denver to go skiing for the weekend; man I hate weather diversions even though I understand why they do them.

Here is a quick pick of 2363X:

Attachments

• IMG_0572.jpg
    IMG_0572.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 84
I went and did a pre-buy on a 1965 C182 yesterday. Other than a few minor squawks that they broker is taking care of, there were no major issues, so I made an offer.

Now to just finish up the financing/closing and get her home.

I am excited/nervous/quesy/happy all rolled into one!

More to follow but I am sitting in an airport in Wichita, KS waiting for the weather to clear in Denver to go skiing for the weekend; man I hate weather diversions even though I understand why they do them.

Here is a quick pick of 2363X:

Nice looking plane, hope it does you well.

waddayamean, waiting for the weather to clear in Denver? It's gorgeous here today - beautiful day for the 3rd one in a row!!! Snow coming in tomorrow, tho... 9 weeks in a row!

BTW - congrats on the plane!!!! WhooooHooooo! :goofy:

Looks great! We'll have to arrange another group meeting at the flying machine at LZU so we can gawk!

If it looks as good on the inside as it does on the outside you won't have to do much to it. Looks great. And I do like the 182. A nice comfortable cruising machine.

Congrats! Looks like a beauty!

I really like the 182 -- hoping to get checked out in the local 182RG this spring. I worked for a cropduster that had a ?56? 182 with all the speed mods which got him darn close to the same cruise as the RG. Lots of fun to fly.

We expect to see your bird on the grass at Gastons! :yes: :D

Congratulations! It looks nice.

I am jealous! I want a 182 when I grow up.

Hey Tom, that is great. Have fun skiing. Then I agree with the meet at the Flying Machine plan.

Niiiiiiiice. Can we see more?

Congratulations!!!

Tom, Awesome! I'm glad it's going through for ya.

I'll buy you a jar of Tylenol as a congratulatory gift. :D

Very cool, dude.

You should come up to Havasu to show 'er off!

Congratulations on the new birdy. Great looking plane...

waddayamean, waiting for the weather to clear in Denver? It's gorgeous here today - beautiful day for the 3rd one in a row!!!
Figures. I've been mostly out of town all week. Had to go to Minnesota today. :rolleyes:

Driving home tonight I noticed that I can see patches of the surface of my driveway now, though. :yes:

Hope you enjoy your ski trip tdager. I'm not sure how good the snow is right now since it's been warm up in the hills the past few days too.

Congrats on your pretty "new" Skylane, and many happy flights! [SIZE="-2"](I am envious, I have been coveting a (turbo) Skylane for fifteen years now.)[/SIZE]

Cool! Congratulations! I've always wanted to get the chance to fly a 182. :yes:

Diana,

I'd be happy to give you the first ever ride I've given at Gaston's in the 182. If I'd known anyone actually WANTED to fly a measly 182 at Gaston's, I'd have been more than happy. :yes:

It just seems the cool factor of many planes goes down at Gaston's...

Diana,

I'd be happy to give you the first ever ride I've given at Gaston's in the 182. If I'd known anyone actually WANTED to fly a measly 182 at Gaston's, I'd have been more than happy. :yes:
If you bring one back, can I have a ride?

It just seems the cool factor of many planes goes down at Gaston's...
Every airplane is cool. :yes: Sometimes the particular PIC can make it even more cool. :)

If you bring one back, can I have a ride?

You can have a ride in whatever airplane I bring. :yes:

I do have good ol' N271G reserved, though if I have some money burning a hole in my pocket maybe I'll go for something "cooler".

Oooooh, are you gonna love her.

'65--good year for both the 172 and 182.

Enjoy her and treat her well.

Regards and congrats.

-JD

Congrats, Tom! :cheers:

As I say, you pay all of that money to have the keys in your pocket. Remember that at your first annual. ;)

Ummmmmm....Which broker?

hijack: is the 182 a decently wide plane? I'm pretty broad and the cherokee 180 is just a smidge too tight for comfort. My A&P thinks the 182 is 'the best all around plane out there', but then he owns one (cause, or effect?). How much wider than the Cherokee would a 182 be?

hijack: is the 182 a decently wide plane? I'm pretty broad and the cherokee 180 is just a smidge too tight for comfort. My A&P thinks the 182 is 'the best all around plane out there', but then he owns one (cause, or effect?). How much wider than the Cherokee would a 182 be?

Lots. The 182 is a very comfy bird, especially when compared to a Cherokee. I'd sometimes have aches and pains after flying the Archer with my instructor for long flights, but I've flown the 182 for 5.3 hours and been so comfortable that I refueled, grabbed food, and jumped back in for another 3.5. Houston, TX to Madison, WI in one day.

Lots. The 182 is a very comfy bird, especially when compared to a Cherokee. I'd sometimes have aches and pains after flying the Archer with my instructor for long flights, but I've flown the 182 for 5.3 hours and been so comfortable that I refueled, grabbed food, and jumped back in for another 3.5. Houston, TX to Madison, WI in one day.
And I've done Chicago to Key West in a 182 in a day, including a 5hr leg without discomfort (and with three very full-sized adults and luggage). Kent's right, it's a very comfortable plane.

You can have a ride in whatever airplane I bring. :yes:

I do have good ol' N271G reserved, though if I have some money burning a hole in my pocket maybe I'll go for something "cooler".
She already has a ride in whatever I bring, which'll either be a 182 or a DA-40XL. So Diana, between the two of us, we're going to make you happy! :) (Tom too, if he wants a ride!)

I like the 182 as well. I thinks it is a great plane to fly. Nice speed and long rang with the big tanks. What are you all talking about Keys? My plane does not use them. I have none to forget. I am taking off work and getting mine on Friday. Good weather I hope. It is only 100 miles away at a raido shop. I seems like it is 1000 miles away.
John

Some more pics:

Attachments

• IMG_0R94Re.JPG
    IMG_0R94Re.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0395Re.jpg
    IMG_0395Re.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0398Re.jpg
    IMG_0398Re.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0575re.jpg
    IMG_0575re.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 25
Tom, nice bird! She looks like a good buy.

The ELT is in an odd location but expected since it's aftermarket. I wonder how easy and economical it would be to move it to the rear with an external antenna.

Ken...my A&P told me "we will get that moved as soon as you get it back."

It IS in an annoying and weird place.

Tom,

Belated congratulations! That "I-own-an-airplane-grin" feels pretty good, doesn't it?

Buddy of mine who got me hooked on flying always said ya can't go wrong with a 182.

-Rich

Back