Well I failed my IFR written...

Congrats by being a 15% overachiever!

I was going to tell you to keep your chin up. Instead, congratulations!

Given his practice exam scores, I was pretty sure he was setting us up. Glad to know I was right. Congrats, now have some fun with it!

Congrats by being a 15% overachiever!
Some might say you studied 14 points too much. It's true, you only have to get 70% right to pass the knowledge exam, but Ma Nature is a little more demanding. Out in the real world, you are expected to get 100% right or you end up paying the consequences. :wink2:

Anything less than 110 is a failure...:lol:

Anything above 69 is good...:yes:

Now you have the easy part done......:rofl:

Nice, now on to the hard part.[1]

[1] Drawing a runway and NDB in the parking lot and pretend to be a plane flying an NDB approach.

I keed!

Nice, now on to the hard part.[1]

[1] Drawing a runway and NDB in the parking lot and pretend to be a plane flying an NDB approach.

I keed!

Are NDB approaches still taught?

And that is pretty much what I did to learn all approaches, just to get the picture in my mind as to what was going on, especially NDB stuff.

Are NDB approaches still taught?

And that is pretty much what I did to learn all approaches, just to get the picture in my mind as to what was going on, especially NDB stuff.

If you have an ADF in the plane you take the IR ride in you had best know how to do that. Anything in the plane is fair game for the DPE. Sure glad we took the ADF out when we put the GNS430W in the club plane I took my ride in. :D

If you have an ADF in the plane you take the IR ride in you had best know how to do that. Anything in the plane is fair game for the DPE. Sure glad we took the ADF out when we put the GNS430W in the club plane I took my ride in. :D

An INOP sticker seems to solve this problem.

I've been meaning to take that. What written materials did you use to study?

That should have been my question, just don't see many ADF in planes anymore, unless someone really wants an old school plane. Last time I had to do a (practice) NDB approach was on my ATP checkride, and it was in a sim.

We have one plane in our company with an ADF receiver in it but not the head part. I just use it to listen to music.

We plan to transition to the PC-12 later this year. I don't think they will have an ADF at all.

I got quite good at NDB navigation and approaches in Alaska. Oh, it was also a GPS overlay...:lol:

Back