Welcome back Henning!

He told me he was working on that plan to power everything with hydorgen.

Keep it on the QT, though... ;)

But I thought you didn't need money?:dunno:

Or is it that "other" just don't need money?

I need some, I have to work around 12 weeks a year. I never have to worry about it though, people call me up and give me money in exchange for some service. The only reason I need any money is because we decide that.

WB Henning.....

I was worried you dad was not doing well....:dunno:

WB Henning.....

I was worried you dad was not doing well....:dunno:

He's not:(, but he's not particularly incapacitated or declining, so.... The fall on the ice and brain bleed just did him no favors, but I just don't agree with the Alzheimer's diagnosis. I saw that with my ex's grandpa, and I just don't see that in my dad, he is always lucid even if he doesn't remember something, he is always aware and cognitive. The whole geriatric medical care system is pretty incompetent. My sister and I had to clean up a lot of his meds from crap he doesn't need, and that cleared up a few problems.

He's not:(, but he's not particularly incapacitated or declining, so.... The fall on the ice and brain bleed just did him no favors, but I just don't agree with the Alzheimer's diagnosis. I saw that with my ex's grandpa, and I just don't see that in my dad, he is always lucid even if he doesn't remember something, he is always aware and cognitive. The whole geriatric medical care system is pretty incompetent. My sister and I had to clean up a lot of his meds from crap he doesn't need, and that cleared up a few problems.

Hope he hangs in there....

And, I agree,,,, Docs have a nasty habit of throwing drugs at supposable problems and the cocktail usually makes the patient worse.... IMHO..

...The whole geriatric medical care system is pretty incompetent. My sister and I had to clean up a lot of his meds from crap he doesn't need, and that cleared up a few problems.

Aargh. Meds. What a nightmare.

First, the doctor prescribes the name brands (old people are often on a half dozen or more med's) and hands you a list of what to take when.

Then, the pharmacist substitutes the generic meds.

So now, you have to translate the doctor's instructions and dosages using the generic names. Not a big deal, but unless you go by the day the prescriptions are filled, something is going to get messed up.

As time goes by, for additional difficulty points, the doctor never gives you another list, only relays to your dad via voicemail "Discontinue this (brand name)", "Add this (brand name)", "Take that one twice a day.", and things get confusing as hell because nothing is in writing and you're having to go on the memory of what an 80 year old thought he heard on voicemail.

And then the 80 year old is confused because his medicines are ever-changing and he can't get into a routine.

Have ya noticed that since Henning came back..... All the HYDROGEN has been sucked out of the room..:dunno:........:D:D:D:D:D

Is it the new kinder gentler Henning or the old crazy passive/agressive Henning we all know and love?

Back