Weird TFR

asicer

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
asicer
I was hearing about the wildfires in California and was curious what kind of aerial activity was going on there so I popped on to SkyVector and came across this funny TFR.

Anyone see anything like this? What's it for?

Clipboard02.jpg Clipboard01.jpg

That TFR is active 9 PM to 6 AM local. I wonder if they're running UAVs through that corridor into the fire zone for nighttime recon?

I have seen something like this to connect Grand Forks and the MOAs where they go to play with the UAVs.

That TFR is active 9 PM to 6 AM local. I wonder if they're running UAVs through that corridor into the fire zone for nighttime recon?
That is my guess. My question is why the TFR is promulgated under Part 99.7. I'd like some to explain how it is a matter of national security.

What’s weird about it? Makes more sense than most of the TFRs that we see.
You have to climb 10-13k feet within 2 miles of a dinky little 2700ft runway before you can transit the corridor. Doesn't seem very practical.

I just noticed that Chico is in the lower right of the screenshot, is a class D, has at least 2 runways the longest of which is 6700ft and seems like a better firefighting base.

KCIC is a fire fighting base. They have the ability to refuel tankers and most fire fighting operations out of the north are from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back