Weird FAA Airman inquiry response

Mine has no relation to my SSN. The first three digits are the same as my home phone number (sans area code). I could wonder if that means anything... ;)
The first three digits in mine are the same as my old phone number at work (again without area code). I'm sure this is evidence of a conspiracy involving the Deep State, the FBI, Barack Obama, and Hillary Clinton.

Supposedly, when you ask to have your SSN removed from your certificate a random number is generated to replace your SSN. I asked to have that done about fifteen years or so ago and got a seven string of digits for a replacement. The only downside is that prior to that my SSN is still out there in numerous log books but it has been long enough I'm no longer worried about it. I haven't signed anything off in the last ten years and let my IA expire a few years back. So far, so good.

Being retired I could also turn in my certificate but I'm not yet willing to do that.

Mine seems to be derived from the following formula.

SSN - PH# + wife's DOB + 42/pi.

Expressed in Octal with a couple of nines thrown in to confuse the Russians.

Weird.

Gee I guess it's a strange coincidence in my case.

Supposedly, when you ask to have your SSN removed from your certificate a random number is generated to replace your SSN.
I never asked. My number was just gratuitously changed on one of the certificate issuances.

What surprises me is that so many of you can actually read the number on your certificate. Mine was printed by some kind of optical sadist, with small black numbers on a cluttered dark blue background.

Back