We'be heard of the old truck gun, what about plane gun?

I know you said you were looking for a rifle, but a 10mm Glock 20 is a good woods gun

+1. Because if the lead slug doesn't take out what you're aiming at, the ejected brass moving at the speed of light certainly will. :p

10mm is a stout round and plenty good for stopping most anything on 2 or 4 legs.

What do you need a rooty tooty point and shooty for? If you're not in super rugged terrain, either you'll be dead on impact, or they'll find you in a couple hours.

What do you need a rooty tooty point and shooty for? If you're not in super rugged terrain, either you'll be dead on impact, or they'll find you in a couple hours.

It can be a useful tool, and many carry them everyday, so why not when flying? I'd rather have it, and not need it, but I agree there are more important things in a survival situation. Water, and a means to stay warm come to mind.

Plane-camping

I often carry a few in my aircraft just for that, it's fun to land out in the middle of nowhere and plink a little.

That said a nice 12G magnum which can shoot a flare, take down most any creature, take small game, blow a lock off a gate, etc, isn't a bad addition if you do any backcountry or fly over rugged areas, just put it in a soft floating case and it lives in the plane.

On the Fourth of July I find the mornings are not busy. For the last several years, I've set up a table in my garage and put on some Susa music and cleaned all my weapons. Some only get the once a year cleaning but others have been to the range many times and get one more. It takes a couple hours and a neighbor or two will often stop by to talk.

Spend time out in the field where they get rained on, submerged, and dragged through mud, hosing them down with soap and water is sometimes the only way to go. The most critical part is the gas tube. You don't want to leave either water or solvent in it.

Amen to keeping the gas tube clear.

On the Fourth of July I find the mornings are not busy. For the last several years, I've set up a table in my garage and put on some Susa music and cleaned all my weapons. Some only get the once a year cleaning but others have been to the range many times and get one more. It takes a couple hours and a neighbor or two will often stop by to talk.

That's about how often the target rifles in the ROTC Rifle Team got cleaned, too. Every spring, just before the end of the school year. Otherwise, we left them alone.

Back